Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2009, 01:10 PM

Memory foam mattress

Anyone got one?
They seem a really good idea but I've heard negative things about them being very hot - fine in winter but no fun in summer.
So, I thought I'd ask if anyone has any experience
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2009, 01:48 PM

Re: Memory foam mattress

I've had my memory foam mattress topper for a few years now and wouldn't be without it. Pure comfort is how I'd describe it! I can't say I have ever found it too hot during the summer, appears to feel the same all year round to me.

I've also bought a couple of memory foam pillows which are more comfortable for my neck than ordinary ones.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2009, 02:00 PM

Thanks Mags
I think it was memory foam in our holiday cottage in France. I was very sceptical at first look - pretty thin and incredibly light. I thought my OH would squash it flat on the first night and be really uncomfortable for the rest of the week but no ... and we both slept so well (till 8.30 one morning - a modern record!).
I believe you don't have to turn them either, which is a bit of a bonus
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2009, 02:44 PM

So what does this contrivance consist of ladies ? how heavy is it and is it thinner than an ordinary mattress ?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2009, 03:08 PM

Or.. you could try a waterbed? No dust mites either then
(No I haven't got one )
SageCat
Suffolk, UK
SageCat is female  SageCat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2009, 03:16 PM

Azz, have you ever tried to get out of a water bed? I slept on one for a week when I stayed with a friend in the States ............... and it was awful! Never again!!
dinahsmum
SW England

10-10-2009, 03:27 PM

Well that would be no good at all for me at the moment with this blimmin sciatica - I'd be like some sort of sad beetle on its back waving arms and legs helplessly!
I know people say they are good but I can't get beyond water, gloop gloop noises, isn't it cold, what about the cats' claws? etc

Back to memory foam ... Mags - how thick is your topper? Is it a compromise rather than buy a whole new matress? Did you try Tempur (they're terribly expensive?)
SageCat
Suffolk, UK
SageCat is female  SageCat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2009, 03:33 PM

'I'd be like some sort of sad beetle on its back waving arms and legs helplessly!'

DM .........that was exactly what I looked like trying to get out of the wretched thing every morning!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2009, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by SageCat ->
Azz, have you ever tried to get out of a water bed? I slept on one for a week when I stayed with a friend in the States ............... and it was awful! Never again!!
Lol, no I haven't... think that'd put me off too!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2009, 04:52 PM

I've had a Tempurpedic memory foam topper for several years and love it! It does look thin, but is incredibly comfortable; and no, I have never noticed any heat problems whatsoever. I used to have back problems occasionally but none since getting it; cannot recommend it too highly! I use the memory foam pillow also.

I've never fancied the idea of a water bed; sloshing, and cats claws!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top