Join for free
Page 45 of 255 « First < 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 145 > Last »
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 08:59 AM

Re: OFF slimming club---open to everyone.

Not sure what Taco Bell is/are---but if its one of your favouritesand you can include it in your eating plan-that sounds great !!

Not sue about today-just had breakfast--crispbreasds. cottage cheese and pineapple--but I have an awful feeling that I may not have lost anything again this week. Wondering whethere to switch things around---maybe start my day with cereal, and have crackers and cottage cheese at lunchtime---but I do not really like cereal much, this is the problem--and the few that i do enjoy are so loaded with sugar, I would never touch them now. Ill see what happens on the scales tomorrow--but I am not very hopefull. Even though Ive been taking my 2 dogs out for extra long walks everyday. !!
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 05:38 PM

Taco Bell is a Mexican fast food restaurant. Been addicted to it for years.

I have those awful feelings often, that I haven't lost anything. But sometimes getting on the scale will surprise me.
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 07:13 PM

Oh---there is nothing like Taco Bell round here---but I am not sure I would like Mexican food. Although I like foreign food as a whole.

so today
crispbbreads, cottage cheese pinapple
2 hb eggs, tomatoes mixed beans
2 slices wholmeal bread--salmon, mixed chopped veg--peppers celery etc.
youghurt later.

I am pretty sure I have not lost any, so I am writing out my weeks menu for the group leader.
However, my clothes continue to get looser on me--this morning I managed to get into one of the dresses I wore just after I got married--for the first time---and that was a very long time ago---i will admit it was a little tight--but I got it on fairly easily !!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Realist, The good thing is, Slimming World, the trainer and the gym is costing me nothing. I was referred by my Doctor and l'm not on benefits either! I don't take sugar or have it on anything.
If was following the trainer's recommended diet which was eating five meals a day, that l only lost half a pound! I am back on the Slimming World diet now, even though it means living on fruit, vegetables and salads! I have more energy and my hair seems healthier than usual. My blood pressure is down too!
I need to say that l stated that the gym was free. I found out yesterday, that it's not, it's a reduced price membership. The trainer's instruction is free but you have to pay for the use of the gym plus a one off doctor's referral charge of £11.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 09:00 PM

I had a salad for lunch and for dinner I'm making my son and his dad fish & chips with hushpuppies and I'm having a grilled tomato, cheese and avocado sandwich on whole grain bread and something else. Not sure yet. Maybe some shrimp.
mariana
Kent. Uk.

14-06-2016, 10:09 PM

i love avacado---I have not had any for some time---as I think they are not as good for me as I thought they were-
BTW what are hushpuppies ?????? Apart fom shoes ?
Linda0818
USA

15-06-2016, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by mariana ->
i love avacado---I have not had any for some time---as I think they are not as good for me as I thought they were-
BTW what are hushpuppies ?????? Apart fom shoes ?
Haha, no, not shoes. Hushpuppies are basically fried balls of cornmeal. Think of them as fried balls of cornbread.

Description: A hushpuppy is a small, savory, deep-fried ball made from cornmeal-based batter. Hushpuppies are frequently served as a side dish with seafood and other deep-fried foods.

Avocado is very healthy, by the way.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2016, 02:37 PM

Looks nice Linda.

We have just had:-

Chicken Kiev, Cheese & Onion Potato Bake, fried red cabbage.
mariana
Kent. Uk.

15-06-2016, 04:11 PM

I was at Slimming world today-unbelievably I have put on another pound !!
I am devastated---I took my food plan in and she says I am not eating enough--not enough to feed a sparrow-was her comment---but I just cannot eat big meals like she says-I have got to rethink things.
I woke up at 3.00 with stomach pains and feeling sick-and I am still feeling rough--my friend told me my face looked green--funny--thats just how i felt !!
Linda0818
USA

15-06-2016, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Looks nice Linda.

We have just had:-

Chicken Kiev, Cheese & Onion Potato Bake, fried red cabbage.
They're delicious. And so sounds your meal!

Originally Posted by mariana ->
I was at Slimming world today-unbelievably I have put on another pound !!
I am devastated---I took my food plan in and she says I am not eating enough--not enough to feed a sparrow-was her comment---but I just cannot eat big meals like she says-I have got to rethink things.
I woke up at 3.00 with stomach pains and feeling sick-and I am still feeling rough--my friend told me my face looked green--funny--thats just how i felt !!
Well, I'm not one to preach at people, but I've actually been wanting to tell you for some time now that you're not eating enough food. Your body thinks it's in a famine, so nothing on the inside is moving in order to preserve what calories you're taking in.

If you find it hard to eat larger meals, try and pack more calories into smaller meals, such as making your small snacks and small meals more calorie-dense. I can make a whole plate of food that's only 200 calories or I can make a small plate that's 500 calories. It's all in what you eat. But don't eat junk. Quality is just as important as quantity. Eat more nuts and avocados, nut butters, homemade granola, that sort of thing. Add some extra olive oil to your meals as well. That will help boost your calories and give you a good dose of mono fats. Dried fruits, fruit smoothies (without added sugar) bananas, etc, are all good choices. Unless you're also watching natural sugars. If so, you may want to avoid too much fruit.

Whole grain pastas are a good way to fill up on extra calories as well. Quinoa, hummus, beans, coconut and even olives are also good ways to pack extra cals into smaller meals.

Page 45 of 255 « First < 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 145 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top