Join for free
Page 486 of 487 « First < 386 436 476 484 485 486 487 >
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2021, 12:47 PM

Re: Over 50's Wales club (part 6)

Phew, glad to come into the front room to cool off. Not sure what the temperature is out there, but I'm melting.

Turned on the TV to watch the Tour de France but what's on now is a repeat of yesterday's stage in the mountains.

This track and trace app is turning into a bit of a farce isn't it? It's OK for us retirees to isolate but difficult if you are working.
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 08:28 AM

Another scorcher today.I used to be able to sit out in the sun for ages but can only stick it out for about 10 mts these days,would be different if there was a pool in the garden!
Feel so sorry for those people in Germany such devastation.
Keep cool and safe.
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 10:58 AM

The whole worlds weather has gone crazy,its scary
Its lovely here and I was up at 6am and there were people in swimming and paddle boarding
Have a good one and stay safe xxx
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2021, 11:27 AM

I'm in the front room to cool down, having sat (under parasol) on the patio to read the paper.

The main road was busy when I went down for the paper but it's pretty quiet up here. The silaging crew went by as I was making my bed yesterday morning, Dad in the forage harvester, workman in the next tractor with trailer and grandson bringing up the rear in another. Didn't see them come home so they must be still at it somewhere!
Sweetsue
midWales

18-07-2021, 03:47 PM

I'm cowering in the front room again - too hot to sit and sew at the back. Tour de France is on in a minute - the finish in Paris. We had the Tour de Wales come through Painscastle yesterday (actually it was called Wales in a Day), but I couldn't find out what time they were getting to us and wasn't prepared to sit in the village all afternoon so didn't get to see them. Fancy riding a bike in this heat!
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 10:22 AM

Another scorcher today.I like the sun but not when it's too hot-never satisfied weather wise are we?!
Put a paddling pool out for the dog on Saturday,he's put one paw in,seems to think it's a big drinking bowl!
Bet the beach is busier now with the children off school- Jac.
Keep cool.
Sweetsue
midWales

19-07-2021, 12:18 PM

I had a laugh at the dog putting one paw in the pool!

Trying to contact the Leisure Centre in Brecon to take grandson and friend swimming tomorrow. I'm not sure whether you have to book and don't fancy driving all that way to be turned away at the door with two disappointed small boys. They won't answer the phone so I've sent an email message, watch this space.
Jac
Wales UK
Jac is female  Jac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 12:06 PM

Another scorcher,lots of kids on the beach since really early.I never thought it would be too hot for me but I suffered yesterday.
Be safe and enjoy xxx
Sweetsue
midWales

22-07-2021, 07:40 PM

Had the small grandson again today. Went to the Surgery for Rob's meds and the garage for an icecream. That was the extent of the travels for today. Talking to my DIL when she came to collect him, she seems to think people are panic buying again (because of the shortage of staff in shops and lorry drivers to deliver the goods). We were planning to do a tea for pilgrims to Church on Sunday afternoon, so I'll have to go and see what I can find tomorrow. Think I'll try and go out as early as poss to try and avoid the heat.
rhosyn
South Wales

23-07-2021, 11:55 AM

My chrome book has been playing silly beggers-wouldn't let me log in,password not valid then a lot of jargon.Son no1 took it away on Weds to sort it out brought it back today-working ok now.He couldn't make put what the problem was,if it happens again I might have to fork out for a new one.
Great grandson is 3 on Sunday,plans to have a bouncy castle in garden for his party tomorrow has been brought forward to today because weather not good for tomorrow.I'll go to see them in the morning.
It'll do the garden good to have some rain.

Page 486 of 487 « First < 386 436 476 484 485 486 487 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top