Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 07:47 AM

Re: New Wave

I haven't noticed anyone being ignored Venus, I am sure it is unintentional we all post sometimes and get no answer, I assume my good sense has prevailed and everyone agrees with my excellent views
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 07:49 AM

I'm only recently arrived here (after a long absence)
I come alone and in friendship!
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 07:57 AM

Julie with respect you are not me so you wouldn't notice. Read the posts you should get the gist For the record you are not in the minority.
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 08:03 AM

Hi Carol thank you for that. I have to say the majority of people on here are non-judgemental and enjoy lighthearted chat and a little fun. It is a good site with talented, intelligent members on board.
Look forward to getting to know you.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by venus ->
Julie with respect you are not me so you wouldn't notice. Read the posts you should get the gist For the record you are not in the minority.
Fair enough.
I would say I found life here hard first few weeks/months as people see you around and realise you come in peace it all settles down. It's a feature of small forums that it can take a while to settle especially when a big influx of new members arrives at the same time the forum takes a while to change and evolve to accommodate the extra voices.
Give it time it will come good eventually I am sure.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 09:12 AM

I just blew in from the windy city
The windy city is mighty pretty
But they ain't got what we got, no sirree
They've got shacks up to seven stories
Never see any Morning Glory's
But a step from our doorway
We got 'em for free

God bless Doris Day, still going on strong at 92
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by venus ->
Helloooo Spitfire....have no fear some of us are still here.....not welcome and ignored by some but nevertheless we can take it....LOL we are very friendly, colourful folk with broad shoulders and good minds who bring a little spice to forums which may have become stagnant. Our intentions were good which can only be beneficial to the site and Azz. I thank you for missing us Spitfire XX
And may I second everything that Venus says there,
and I really don't need to add anything to What lovely Venus said.

But right now I personally haven't been posting for a few days simply because my rights to either send or receive PMs have been withdrawn.
I know not why, and Azz or no one else contacted me to advise of the reason.

I find this rather insulting, and I refuse to be treated like a second class person around here, to think that I cannot PM my friends, and they cannot contact me leaves me rather sad and frustrated.

I am supposed to be a so called Senior Member around here and a regular poster just trying to be helpful and friendly. What good is that if all my friend contacts have been stopped.

A few day ago I said all of this in the MUST thread,
and stated that I wouldn't be posting anymore until if and when My PM rights have been restored.

In the event that this doesn't happen then sad to say,
it is goodbye from me.

I felt that I just had to post here in New Wave just this once for obvious reasons.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

21-07-2014, 09:52 AM

Have a look in the announcements section Azz explained the new PM rules after he asked every members opinion, it wasn't aimed at any one member.
venus
Cheshire UK

21-07-2014, 09:54 AM

That's a shame Boozer I think it may be just a blip as I cannot send any pm's also but have contacted Azz and am awaiting a reply. Hang on in here
venus
Cheshire UK

21-07-2014, 09:56 AM

Thanks Julie hadn't noticed, will go and have a look.

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top