Join for free
Page 8 of 72 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 > Last »
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2017, 05:58 PM

Re: Over 50s Club Yorkshire

[QUOTE=Judd;1081128]
Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->

That makes you three days older than me, I was born on the 10th (Easter Sunday of course ). As I was coming into the world, Ruth Ellis' lover was leaving it as she shot four bullets into him (the first one missed).

My claim to fame.
I was born on Maunday Thursday
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 11:49 AM

Well its another rainy day here today, but were not that bothered as we've decided to have a trip to Wetherby for a look round as we've never been before
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 02:06 PM

We're in Harrogate now Sue, after wandering around Otley in the rain, it's certainly not holiday weather and if it's no different tomorrow I think we will knock Hawes and the Yorkshire Dales on the head ...... but what do you do on a wet Sunday around here!

I like Wetherby, not a lot there I think but nice walks by the river, weather permitting.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 02:11 PM

Hi Val ... I've just looked at the weather forecast for Harrogate and it's going to be sunny tomorrow Enjoy !!!!!
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire

28-01-2017, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
We're in Harrogate now Sue, after wandering around Otley in the rain, it's certainly not holiday weather and if it's no different tomorrow I think we will knock Hawes and the Yorkshire Dales on the head ...... but what do you do on a wet Sunday around here!

I like Wetherby, not a lot there I think but nice walks by the river, weather permitting.
Shame about the weather Val

We really enjoyed our walk round Wetherby, the rain kept off a while. Lots of Charity shops and little back street shops. Called into Morrisons for a Giant Yorkshire with Liver, Mash, peas and gravy for £3 plus a Blueberry Muffin and a teapot of tea each altogether coming to £10.50 for the two of us Fantastic!
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Hi Val ... I've just looked at the weather forecast for Harrogate and it's going to be sunny tomorrow Enjoy !!!!!
Sounds more like it myrtle, we're thinking of going to Skipton or Ripon but don't suppose there'll be much open on a cold Sunday in January!
Val J
East Yorkshire

28-01-2017, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
Shame about the weather Val

We really enjoyed our walk round Wetherby, the rain kept off a while. Lots of Charity shops and little back street shops. Called into Morrisons for a Giant Yorkshire with Liver, Mash, peas and gravy for £3 plus a Blueberry Muffin and a teapot of tea each altogether coming to £10.50 for the two of us Fantastic!
Can't beat that Sue, we went into Debenhams and had a warming bowl of tomato & basil soup. It put us on until our lovely meal in the hotel this evening.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2017, 10:59 PM

Sounds more like it myrtle, we're thinking of going to Skipton or Ripon but don't suppose there'll be much open on a cold Sunday in January!
I went to both those places last Sunday ... lovely Free entry into the grounds of Ripley Castle until March
Val J
East Yorkshire

28-01-2017, 11:27 PM

May just go to Ripley Castle myrtle, we've never been and it's not far from here. 🙂
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk

28-01-2017, 11:38 PM

May just go to Ripley Castle myrtle, we've never been and it's not far from here. ��
Ripley is 15 minutes from Harrogate by bus ... the Castle isn't open but the grounds are lovely ... other than that there's not much else at Ripley. Ripon is another 15 minutes from Ripley ... I enjoyed the Cathedral and going for a short walk along the canal

What I would really have liked to have done is go back to Ripon at 9 PM in the evening to see the Hornblower but I'd booked dinner for 7.30 so didn't get chance. If you are not aware of this tradition there's videos on youtube ... fantastic bit of history I also didn't get to see the clock tower through lack of decent signposts ... on my list for next visit !!!

Have a good day

Page 8 of 72 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top