Join for free
Page 4 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 08:10 AM

Re: Brexit equals Chlorinated chicken and other nasties

Gummer not only ate the beef himself, he forced his daughter to eat it. Hope she's OK, I'm sure we'd have heard if she'd got CJD.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 08:49 AM

Surely he ate beef to prove it was safe after the hysteria over our beef all being infected when I clearly wasn't.

I was reading the other day how much chicken in this country has salmonella and other bacterias, we don't have much to crow about our food chain is infected too. USA uses chlorine we put chicken in bags so we can't touch them before cooking. Two different approaches but no one seems to have thought lets clean up the food chain.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Lila ->
Gummer not only ate the beef himself, he forced his daughter to eat it. Hope she's OK, I'm sure we'd have heard if she'd got CJD.

CJD can take up 40 years to develop - might be too soon to tell.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 10:39 AM

Will it make any difference? UK chicken and chicken by products, like UK beef, is a prohibited import to Australia because it is deemed too risky for human consumption.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Will it make any difference? UK chicken and chicken by products, like UK beef, is a prohibited import to Australia because it is deemed too risky for human consumption.
I admire aus policies on imports, sadly we seem to allow anything in hence invasive weeds and the like.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I admire aus policies on imports, sadly we seem to allow anything in hence invasive weeds and the like.
Sadly too late for us with rabbits, foxes, cats, cane toads, Lantana, Bitou Bush and a host of other exotic imports but food security is important.
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 08:13 AM

There are a lot of arguments going on in the press about Chlorine Chicken as part of the trade deal with the USA.

If it has to be part of the deal let it come. If the public don't like that they will not buy it, full stop, end of.

Personally, I would have thought that our own farmers are capable of producing all the chickens we need, without the need for imports.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 08:15 AM

The idea of chlorinated chicken sounds disgusting .
Why can't we produce our own chickens ?
Sounds like a great business opportunity.
The Americans are obsessive about their disgusting food habits .
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

27-07-2017, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The idea of chlorinated chicken sounds disgusting .
Why can't we produce our own chickens ?
Sounds like a great business opportunity.
Because your chickens are riddled with salmonella and other undesirable diseases?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Because your chickens are riddled with salmonella and other undesirable diseases?
Well I eat British chickens and eggs every week, and I am still here fit and healthy.

Page 4 of 11 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top