Join for free
Page 430 of 1676 « First < 330 380 420 428 429 430 431 432 440 480 530 930 1430 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 05:01 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Totally with you Pug. Not such a dumb blonde really.
It is VERY frustrating when you know what is needed and how to solve it.
Then some idjut gets it all wrong.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 05:12 PM

That’s what’s wrong with these islands today Pug dear boy, they are full of useless experts who wouldn’t know a hammer from a camels tail, the only thing they really know how to do is look important when confronting the great unwashed, when you look important you can get away with murder, just think of John George Haigh and all the women he conned.
No I don’t remember any Jamboree bags over here Pug, there was however one old bag who ran the Girl Guides in the local hall, she used to go on Jamborees with the girls. Phyllis was an excellent Girl guide, she used to have me in knots, and many's the time she had to help me across the road.
Girl guides are what you’d call Brownies in your neck of the woods.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 05:15 PM

I remember Oxford Bags.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I remember Oxford Bags.
Funny you mention Oxford Spitty, I watched an old film of Laurel and Hardy last night called 'Chumps at Oxford' I still laugh at those pair.
Seems to me lots of them chumps do well for themselves, they all go into politics and then make chumps of the lot of us.

Ollie to Stan as he answers the phone.
"Stanley, it's a long distance from California"
Stan: "It sure is"
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 07:03 PM

Well,ALL I'm asking those overpaid,self-indulgent ringpieces that call themselves 'the cabinet' to do is KEEP their promises. Jeepers;just last night I was looking at the tv,when I suddenly thought "I ought to turn that on!"...so I got into my suspenders and basque [photos available for the right price] which REALLY got the tv going and it showed an interview with some of the survivors of that Grenville Tower fire...and they're STILL in hastily arranged 'accomodation' [note the inverted commas] that this govt shoved them into after that tragic event-some still trying to come to terms with family losses...and I thought, "Pug" [coz I always speak to myself informally-no introductions needed] "you're WAY down this rotten,ineffective,lying,answer-avoiding govt's list of priorities". But in truth,I don't mind,because I'm on really good terms with 25 letters of the alphabet...although I don't know why...and I'm doing ok,as I have the knowledge and understanding of engineering required to make a dead,condemned boiler run [although I had to swap the vacuum-cleaner engine for one from an electric lawnmower,to increase the pto in the rotary pump] so I'm FAR better off than my mate Colin,who had his neck brace fitted in November-since when he's never looked back. It's just a matter of willpower,y'see. I have incredible willpower - I've quit smoking DOZENS of times! My only real self indulgence is writing letters to myself...Dear Me.....:-] [Y'know what? I've GOT to cease posting...even I'M thinking WTF???...]
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 09:24 PM

There is a false sense of security about livin in flats [you know them there vertical thingees - ever wondered why they call them flats when they're vertical?] planes can crash into them; they can slide down hills that turn into mudslides and they can bloody well catch fire. I belong to the flat earth society – been a member all me life – want me feet firmly plonked on the ground facing due north – or south or even east or west come to thunk of it. But vertical never – some people even get buried vertically standing – can’t even give a good person a good resting place – how can ya rest standing up. Mind you I remember a mate of mine goin on a field trip to India and as he stood in this hall thingo listening to a speech managed to fall asleep at the back of the hall leaning against the wall! Anyway where was I yes vertically enhanced living. So there ya is living 23 stories up secure [well so ya fink] wrapped up in ya 9x9 1 bedroom flat and finkin ya all cosy and safe and warm and wall lined lifts up and down and then it all goes crazy – no horizontals for me – and no hillslides neither – after all they can slide as demonstrated in USA recently – and while were at it no subterranean livin either – god that would give ya the creeps too. There’s another crazy group of people in OZ [no no there not all crazy thank you!!!] who live in a place called Coodapeedy who live underground and all their skins have gone pale [mind you they’re pretty rich cos they mine opals – no not oprays – opals – no not gems – tell em gem what’s the difference between an opal and a gem?] There’s a very good reason for the flat earth society – it’s real and it’s safe and ya don’t need gravity either. All together last one switch off the light!!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

11-01-2018, 10:20 PM

I was thinking of joining those flat earth people too Gummy, but the whole thing fell through.
My sister was married to a South American chap and when he came home from work he would have his dinner, then have a shower and put on a snow white tee shirt, he would then stand up against the wall to look at the TV, slowly closing his eyes he would slide down the wall and conk out on the floor.
Well thats what he did the day I went to visit them in London, the sister told me he does it regularly, she's married to someone else now, and who would blame her.

I don't want to know about Opals Gummy, they and I don't get along, someday I'll tell you some uncanny true experiences I had with them, even the mention of them sends a shudder down my spine, evil unlucky things them mineraloids.
However folks are free to wear what they like, so if you fancy an Opal necklace with matching earrings and a lip clip, go right ahead, but don't say you haven't been warned.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 10:21 PM

Opal Fruits, and Iced Gems, both confectionary, but different beasts.
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2018, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I remember Oxford Bags.
As a bright young thing in the 1970's, I was in great demand to mingle with the stores pensioners at they're monthy
bun fight.
I was chatting to 2 ladies who I knew by sight,not sure of names though.
Blagging didn't usually let me down so I introduced a newcomer to my little group of erm groupies as Miss
Wind,
"Oh no, no no Ii am Miss Bag"

We had a harridan who issued stationery. She came from Cambridge & she was a right old bag.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-01-2018, 03:45 AM

I once knew a Cambridge lass,who was very sweet of face,
who had chest that attracted the eye,a dead-heat in a zeppelin race.
I remember thinking,first time I saw her,"By Jove-just look at those!
If she ever falls over a paving slab,she'll never break her nose!"

[that's true,dat is. Her name's Julie and to this day,her conk is unmarked]

Page 430 of 1676 « First < 330 380 420 428 429 430 431 432 440 480 530 930 1430 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top