Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 01:03 PM

Re: David Davis resigns?

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
She may well be wrong, but she is a democratically elected PM, so it is her responsibility to get it right, and in her opinion she thinks that is what she is doing.
If her selected ministers choose to leave their post, it is their choice..... but hardly good to the Country, or Brexit:!:
depends on which side of thedivide you are on.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
depends on which side of thedivide you are on.
I am not sure it does! All the fighting, over whether we leave or not, has made Britain look like a pathetic country that is run by fools. It is now accepted that we will leave, but the more problems our MPs create will certainly make other countries think twice about trading with us.

Those who care about the country will want us to do well whatever way the vote went OR how we do it !
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I am not sure it does! All the fighting, over whether we leave or not, has made Britain look like a pathetic country that is run by fools. It is now accepted that we will leave, but the more problems our MPs create will certainly make other countries think twice about trading with us.

Those who care about the country will want us to do well whatever way the vote went OR how we do it !
Twink, two years on and we still are nowhere nearer to the break. I really do wonder if any of the government are fit for the purpose.
Most of them that are processing the leave, are the ones that wanted to remain in the common market.
They have a mixture of both leave and remain MPs. Is it any wonder there is so much conflict between them.

Of course, other countries will still deal with us, it is in their interest to do so. There is always a need and demand.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Twink, two years on and we still are nowhere nearer to the break. I really do wonder if any of the government are fit for the purpose.
Most of them that are processing the leave, are the ones that wanted to remain in the common market.
They have a mixture of both leave and remain MPs. Is it any wonder there is so much conflict between them.

Of course, other countries will still deal with us, it is in their interest to do so. There is always a need and demand.
Why do you think that? A lot of the country don't and we will need a lot of good trade deals if we want the country to do well!
Lots of other countries can provide what Britain can!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 01:55 PM

Hi

Unfortunately Art we have upset a number by our arrogance in insisting on technical rectification.

These are existing trading partners we have deals with as part of the EU and some have even gone as far as making formal complaints to the WTO.

This not how things are done and there is a considerable amount of distrust now.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 02:45 PM

Yes, of course they will.

I am becoming increasingly bored with all of the assurances and threats coming from the mouths of the prophets of doom.

They have been making such claims ever since the referendum, and look what is happening.

In short, the sky has yet to fall down.

Once out, we shall no doubt trade under WTO rules initially, but I am confident that we shall soon have mutually beneficial deals in place with many countries including, believe it or not, the EU countries.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, of course they will.

I am becoming increasingly bored with all of the assurances and threats coming from the mouths of the prophets of doom.

They have been making such claims ever since the referendum, and look what is happening.

In short, the sky has yet to fall down.

Once out, we shall no doubt trade under WTO rules initially, but I am confident that we shall soon have mutually beneficial deals in place with many countries including, believe it or not, the EU countries.
Thanks! JBR

Some of the pessimism in some of the threads on here, astounds me.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 03:05 PM

Thanks! JBR

Some of the pessimism in some of the threads on here, astounds me.
They used to annoy me, but I now accept that there are some people who can see nothing but the worst possible scenarios, perhaps to make themselves feel better.

Sad people.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2018, 03:30 PM

They used to annoy me, but I now accept that there are some people who can see nothing but the worst possible scenarios, perhaps to make themselves feel better.

Sad people.
The sad people are the ones who believe in fairies.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

10-07-2018, 04:03 PM

Sad people.
Sorry JBR, but if you think, that all the disruption from people who wanted to remain, won't damage our ability to get new trade agreements, I think you are kidding yourself.

I want to leave as much as anybody but I am not blind so notice that the disruption from both sides, leave or remain, will have slowed down our chances of doing well..... because our government look like idiots!

It was never going to be a definite Leave or Remain, it was a way of getting out with the least possible damage! MPs on both sides have done nothing to help us do this, so it will be harder!!

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top