Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 02:42 PM

Re: Photo Competition?

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
I tried it & couldn't get on with it. Thumbnails directly from my PC are so much easier for me to do. If people are too lazy to click on the thumbnails that isn't my fault.
that link I cannot understand what you have a problem with? Did you join free first?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 02:47 PM

I don't want to thanks, RS. I'll carry on doing it my way.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 03:47 PM

The photos always appeared the same size in the voting poll anyway, so it doesn't matter what size you post.
The original rules worked well, it was only when people complained about editing that it went tits up. It seem to get too strict.
I always edit my photos when I save them, I expect lots of us do.

It was just for fun anyway, anyone could take part as long as they entered their own photos.
Let's not get too serious if we do it again.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
The photos always appeared the same size in the voting poll anyway, so it doesn't matter what size you post.
The original rules worked well, it was only when people complained about editing that it went tits up. It seem to get too strict.
I always edit my photos when I save them, I expect lots of us do.

It was just for fun anyway, anyone could take part as long as they entered their own photos.
Let's not get too serious if we do it again.
Tessa, I agree, most crop their photo's anyway. I haven't any fancy editing ap to fiddle with, so my photo's are virtually as I take them.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
A professional is someone who makes money from photography in case you didn't know. I HAVE NEVER DONE THIS . So I am not a professional. Get your facts right first before making accusations That link I posted is easy for anyone to use not to be dismissed out of hand by those who can't be bothered to even try
My apologies, I should have said expert hobbyist.

By the way I'm not sure why people should be "bothered to even try" to make all the photos the same size just to please you. Personally it doesn't bother me what size they are, they all end up a similar size on the poll and are easy to see...
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 05:28 PM

Just a thought to make things easier, but I will go by what others say of course.

Have to give serious though about joining in as I don't want to upset anyone.

I don't suppose any helpful criticism will be allowed either

anyone for cricket?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 05:54 PM

Barry, if you want to do it, do it.
It never was a competition of skills as a photographer, just which photo folk liked best.
Everyone can feel able to join in.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

11-03-2020, 06:19 PM

Just a thought to make things easier, but I will go by what others say of course.

Have to give serious though about joining in as I don't want to upset anyone.

I don't suppose any helpful criticism will be allowed either

anyone for cricket?

Not keen on cricket, but that is a good one, RS.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

11-03-2020, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Barry, if you want to do it, do it.
It never was a competition of skills as a photographer, just which photo folk liked best.
Everyone can feel able to join in.
And I did before & I will again.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2020, 06:45 PM

As long as a person posting uses their own photos and not a royality free one, why not. The rules would have to be explicit such as allowing editing or not and the photos were 800 x600 not some tiny ones as in the past

If members used " Imgur.com" that would get the size right and it is free
I notice that large photos hosted by Imgur (or a similar host) are scaled down by the forum software to a maximum width of 675 pixels. Only if the person viewing it clicks on the photo will it be seen at a larger size ..and that will be up on the host server.

I don't think many would click on a full-sized photo in the forum page though, so I resize photos to 675 pixels for display here.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top