Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 01:08 PM

Re: Too much crime drama?

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Gosh, Nom, talk about "vintage"! Remember "No Hiding Place" too?
I loved No Hiding Place when I was a kid, none of your New Scotland Yard in that it was the real thing. (I wonder if the building is still there?)
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 01:22 PM

Not that I remember it of course!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 01:27 PM

I love the crime dramas, my favourite TV channel is Alibi, it's full of them. My favourite at the moment is Murdoch Mysteries closely followed by Rizzoli and Isles...
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 01:30 PM

Murdoch is my favourite, Miss Fisher, Doctor Blake, Father Brown, Poirot, Miss Marple.
Yes, Alibi is a very good channel and well named too!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 01:37 PM

Im into Crime drama too ..Just arrived today is Season 3 of Elementary ..looking forward to this ..
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Murdoch is my favourite, Miss Fisher, Doctor Blake, Father Brown, Poirot, Miss Marple.
Yes, Alibi is a very good channel and well named too!
Hi

Yes. lovely aren't they, a bygone age, far gentler than the reality of today.

I quite like Elementary as well, quite quirky.

The ones I cannot stand are things like CSI, so far removed from the reality and yet people believe them.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Lila ->
I don't care who killed Marley because too many people known and unknown had both motive and opportunity.
Certainly did - Scrooge should be next - or will he see the error of his ways ..............
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 03:39 PM

I love them Twiz even the repeats of Sherlock Holmes with Jeremy Brett on ITV3, the Father Brown series on BBC is done very well, and you can become fond of the various characters over time, I'm still trying to get used to the episodes of Midsomer Murders without Nettles playing Tom but I’m getting there.

The old ones I loved were Perry Mason with Raymond Burr, the Detectives, now showing on Talking Pictures, and Dragnet was based on real cases, and Joe Fridays voice “Ten thirty, Frank an I returned to the Or fice”
So many more I can't remember.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 03:44 PM

I enjoy the Nordic things on Saturday nights, and quite like it that they have subtitles - makes me concentrate, otherwise I tend to fiddle with the tablet at the same time and not really appreciate the drama.
Also Montalbano - young and otherwise!

I don't think I'm really 'into' anything UK based, if there is anything going on at present. I enjoyed series 1 of Life on Mars but I wouldn't call that crime drama, really. Oh, Prime Suspect too, that was very good
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2016, 04:44 PM

We enjoy crime dramas on TV, they are our favourite genre.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top