Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 10:48 PM

Re: Macron

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
You really don't get it do you?

It is not what they did but the fact they were all dehumanised by name calling not all refugees or immigrants are rapists or bombers any more than all Englishmen are just because a few do. It was the name calling that gave the gas chambers respectability.

Your attitude is despicable.
You're right. You Aussies are so welcoming to economic migrants, aren't you?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You're right. You Aussies are so welcoming to economic migrants, aren't you?
Yep, you're quite correct, 388000 last year alone. Thank you. (not to mention 20000 refugees)
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 11:15 PM

Yep, you're quite correct, 388000 last year alone. Thank you. (not to mention 20000 refugees)
So who are the ones you send to that island prison?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 11:17 PM

So who are the ones you send to that island prison?
We don't, it is closed - do try to keep up.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

19-01-2018, 11:26 PM

I have just happened across this report:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...gration-policy

It's from that lovely left-wing Grauniad newspaper, so it must be true!

And then I saw this:

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/01/op...ons/index.html

And this, from the totally unbiased BBC, suggests that potential immigrants are still being sent to an offshore island:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-28189608
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 11:32 PM

We don't, it is closed - do try to keep up.
You mean Manus and Nauru when the most despicable conditions were reported? Pretty atrocious stuff wasn't it.

Last I heard they were closing Manus and the inmates/occupants/abused were told they could transfer to Nauru. Think that was around October last year.

Has Australia taken them all in then now .. on the Australian mainland?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 11:38 PM

I have just happened across this report:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...gration-policy

It's from that lovely left-wing Grauniad newspaper, so it must be true!

And then I saw this:

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/01/op...ons/index.html

And this, from the totally unbiased BBC, suggests that potential immigrants are still being sent to an offshore island:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-28189608
Ah , this is ringing a bell now.
Didn't Trump come to some deal with Australia to take them off their hands? Yes I know it sounds like human trafficking but I'm sure it was nowhere near that tawdry.

I forget the details now but I don't think many of them are slipping an extra shrimp on the Barbie, rather they're at KFC or MacDonald's.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

20-01-2018, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Ah , this is ringing a bell now.
Didn't Trump come to some deal with Australia to take them off their hands? Yes I know it sounds like human trafficking but I'm sure it was nowhere near that tawdry.

I forget the details now but I don't think many of them are slipping an extra shrimp on the Barbie, rather they're at KFC or MacDonald's.
That has an element of truth, 2000 are being resettled in the USA (it was Obama who did the deal - Trump hates it), the rest have always had the choice of being resettled in PNG or Cambodia with help from the Australian Government - none have reached Australia and none will be resettled in Australia. We already have a generous refugee policy.

Economic migrants are flown home - which is usually Sri Lanka.

There is virtually no problem now because the boats have just about stopped trying.

The odd boat that does try is intercepted by the RAN, the boat sunk, the passengers are taken to the 3 mile limit nearest the port they sailed from and put in a very expensive lifeboat with enough fuel to safely negotiate the three miles. No one goes to prison.

It's a policy that works; in other words we have an effective border protection policy, how's the UK immigration policy working for you?

Morticia
Chatterbox
England

20-01-2018, 02:34 PM

Now now Bruce don't sound so sour ... or smug from your pre-penal colony. You were all boat people at one time ... imports shipped in from Britain. You weren't so fussy then. Great country .. which is why they stayed.

The Aussie policy is like saying ..we have no problems with dogs roaming the streets because we round them all up, secure them in wired enclosures, beat them up, starve them .. then ship them out by simply sending them to America or to anyone who will have them as long as we don't.
A neat solution. I agree.. from an Aussie viewpoint.
Supporting it .. and bragging about it are two different things.

The UK policy isn't going great. You're right.
Instead we see very mature young 'boys' with no passport or mummy or daddy and we let them in .. and often try to find their relatives for them so they are not frightened and alone.
This we do under the eagle eye of countries like Australia, . ... whilst sun bronzed Aussies stand on the beaches waving off refugees in dinghies, content that they are reducing deaths at sea and aiding global distribution of the homeless in their own humanitarian way.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2018, 02:39 PM

Hi

There is something basically wrong with our system.

We have refused access to an interpreter for our troops in Afghanistan, yet we do not refuse access to Economic Migrants.

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top