Join for free
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2015, 05:53 PM

The two hour rule

I have to thank Alan (Cooke) for this rule. He mentioned on the good morning thread about dedicating two hours to doing something in the garden. Two hours - what a brilliant idea. Instead of slogging your guts out on an all day job and dreading it, why not just dedicate two hours to it. You'll always get there. You've no idea how much of a difference the thought of a two hour rule means to me. I'm sure I'll get my decorating done in no time adapting to this rule. Sod it spending all day

Anyone else do a wee bit a day?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2015, 06:11 PM

Re: The two hour rule

I do what I can very much depends on my health on the day but in small bites I usually get most jobs done. My husband is the opposite if he starts a job he wants it finished that day and we have had a few irritated huffs over the years when I have stopped him painting or diying at some unearthly hour.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2015, 06:19 PM

I just can't spend all day doing anything now. I understand why some folk want it done and out of the way, but I just feel it's too much precious time spent on something. I'd rather be doing a wee bit at a time and doing nice things inbetween. I'm just a lazy besom these days
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2015, 06:38 PM

Well two hours in the garden is about all I can manage at one go these days! But maybe I'm a bit of a lazy besom too...
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2015, 07:26 PM

Great idea except one forgotten thing. That is an hour and a half coffee break in those 2 hours
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2015, 08:09 PM

I used to go mad trying to get everything done in a few hours or days as the case may be but I don't do it now, I space it out and take my time more. It's harder the older you get so no point pulling muscles gardening or suffering back pain decorating.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2015, 12:19 PM

If its a nice day and you feel well enough to do it, why not take advantage, it could be bad weather tomorrow.
Don't forget the saying" don't put off till tomorrow, what you can do today" and of course "tomorrow never comes"

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top