Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2015, 02:02 PM

Re: Easter eggs

I remember getting a beautiful Easter Egg when i was young it was in a solid box tied with a ribbon on the lid with fancy patterns on the sides. I opened the box to reveal a large egg decorated with iced flowers in lovely colours and pearl beads stuck all around and it said "SUSAN" my name on the front in icing. I couldn't tell you where it was bought from or who made it but it was the best ever!!
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2015, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I don't buy the missus flowers but I never miss getting her an Easter egg, I get my daughter to get it for me, a big one with a pink bow around it in a basket. It lasts her quite a while as she nibbles away at it every night. She's not like one of those snakes that can eat a whole pig in one go and you can see the shape of it inside them, she's much more civilised is my wife..
Thank goodness for that Jem. Made me laugh imagining that episode.
I have bought my kids and Grandkids one each. Plus a few presents as they are coming over from France on the 18th.
I remember loving a Easter egg when I was young as it was the only time I had something to myself or so I thought.
I used to like the Roses one and the thickness of the chocolate I still remember you needed a hammer to break it and not like today.
I used to get about 3 as we were poor in those days. I used to leave one to open on Whitsuntide which as you know is 8 weeks after Easter. I had though to share some of it with my younger sister who used to eat all her eggs in 2 days and end up with Hives because she was greedy. Being the older sister I used to be a little annoyed keeping it for 8 weeks to share with someone who had already eaten hers.
I suppose it made me grow up to be a giver and not a taker.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2015, 04:21 PM

I only buy the two Mum's an Easter Egg and I make them an Easter Card, apart from that nobody else gets anything.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top