Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 11:03 PM

Re: Travellers

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Of course they can....It's a public amenity.

As long as they don't look like or admit to being trade.

Even so, I thought there were separate tips for trade waste, aren't there?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2017, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
They can't drive into a dump like others that's simply not true.

And many have bought legally tracks of land they aren't setting up just any where in a wood. They are usually in caravans that can be moved , no one else needs planning permission for a caravan.

Of course it's true .
They have cars the same as anyone else
One assumes they don't have pikey written on the front and even if they did you can't stop the public driving into the dump.
Commercial vehicles and pickups dumping waste from commercial enterprises are charged.

You need planning permission to make it a permanent facility.
Bring in utilities etc .
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2017, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
There are seperate tips that charge....but rarelyhave I been denied access to the public amenity tips.

When I moved back into the house I'm now in I did some renovations, only light stuff but I refuse to pay if stuff is from my own house...I explained to the guy at the tip and he raised the barrier so I could get my van in......I suppose the unscrupulous would take advantage of this.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2017, 12:26 AM

I have a great deal of respect and admiration for the true Romany. They are, in the main, moral, hard working and decent. Their caravans - whether modern or traditional Vardas - are kept immaculately clean, their children are well cared for, well behaved and educated. They do not leave rubbish when they move on. OK - sometimes you meet a wrong 'un - but it is rare.

I have no time at all for travellers/tinkers/didicoys who beg, scrounge, threaten or thieve and would not recognise a bar of soap if it hit them on the nose. Would not trust one of them as far as I could throw him.

Big difference between the two and they should not be lumped together under the blanket term of 'Gypsy'.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2017, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Round here they assume you are a business if you arrive in a van, which most of them use as tow vehicles, no seperate area but get have to pay to throw things away. I am not sure how much it used to be £30 a few years ago. After that trip we always packed the car and didn't take our van !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2017, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Of course it's true .
They have cars the same as anyone else
One assumes they don't have pikey written on the front and even if they did you can't stop the public driving into the dump.
Commercial vehicles and pickups dumping waste from commercial enterprises are charged.

You need planning permission to make it a permanent facility.
Bring in utilities etc .
They have vans see my post above.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2017, 12:36 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGXR0NzN3Hw

I just love folk music.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2017, 05:43 PM

I love this too

The girl singer in Mr Fox Carole Pegg is/was my husbands step sister .
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2017, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
They have vans see my post above.
So do I, name of business all over 3 of them and I've never been denied access.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2017, 08:22 PM

My local tip One entrance for cars FREE.

One entrance for TRADE vans weighted going in and same going out and charged according to the difference in weight.

Thing with these Irish Tinkers they go around and charge a quarter of the price for getting rid of your rubbish and then just dump it anywhere in your local neighbour hood.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top