Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2017, 09:33 PM

Re: Travellers

Doncaster Council allow you to use a van to take rubbish to the dumpit sites provided there is no writing on the side of the van, and you obtain an annual pass to place in your windscreen. As a self employed courier I used a plain white van and was allowed to use the dumpit site for free on production of the pass.

If you were caught dumping trade waste you would be arrested and held until the next public execution where you would be Beheaded and your body disposed of in a skip.....Your head would then be displayed on a pole over the gate to frighten future illegal tippers.....
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2017, 09:39 PM

you have to live in the area of the tip plus register your car plate number now where i live .. and no business can go .
And you cannot take Asbesto to the local tip, cost is £80 and has to be taken to a special site on an appointment made by them .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2017, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
you have to live in the area of the tip plus register your car plate number now where i live .. and no business can go .
And you cannot take Asbesto to the local tip, cost is £80 and has to be taken to a special site on an appointment made by them .

What! Bloomin' cheek. How do they know where you live anyway?

It's not like that round here at all. There are 3 different tips to use if I want.
Maybe in time, the rules at yours will become the same everywhere though.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2017, 11:28 AM

The local council who you pay council tax too,
The reason for taking car reg and only allowing you in with said , is to stop people from other councils bringing their rubbish to our local site and our council having the expense of taking it to land fill .
It wont be long before all councils are doing this , if you change your car then you notify them the new reg .
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2017, 08:18 PM

At my local Council tip you have to show your Driving licence which has your address on it so you can tip for free(with a car)

Any trade van is charged a fee even if you are a local business.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2017, 09:24 AM

Once a year we have a traveller with a horse park it in our field ...as the common is so fouled with the local tax payers dogs muck it's unsuitable for grazing ...and it's a national park where ponies roam free! Grrr it makes me so angry.
Sorry I know I'm rather off topic .

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top