Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 09:04 AM

Re: Macron

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It's true that our government should have seen this coming and prepared for it. Then we could have told Macron to stuff it up his cheese munching @rse. It just goes to show what sneaky, conniving people our EU 'partners' are and it enforces our reasons for leaving.
Cheese munching @rse? Really? No bigotry there then. It’s like a time warp in here sometimes.

The Brexiters betrayed our partners with their vote, then bragged about how they would have their cake and eat it. In contrast, I think the EU reprentatives have been remarkably fair and even handed.
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by fender ->
I hope and pray the EU sinks and that we were the catalyst.
Typical vindictive Brexiter. No concern about how that would hurt the people living in those countries or damage the UKs economy?
And you still expect to trade and share security etc with the EU, despite the hate you express for them?

It’s that hatred and bigotry that underpins the Brexit vote.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 09:11 AM

Hi

Moving our Border back to Dover would be a very expensive act of self flagellation.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
Typical vindictive Brexiter. No concern about how that would hurt the people living in those countries or damage the UKs economy?
And you still expect to trade and share security etc with the EU, despite the hate you express for them?

It’s that hatred and bigotry that underpins the Brexit vote.
Of course it is and they don't have the courage to admit it, weasels the lot of them.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Of course it is and they don't have the courage to admit it, weasels the lot of them.
Hi

Slinging insults is not a good way to bring people round to your point of view.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Slinging insults is not a good way to bring people round to your point of view.
Says the man who called me an idiot.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by twizzle ->
I thinks it’s Britain’s contributions increasing that the Brexiters are moaning about. They seem to think the French should police our borders for us free of charge.

The French have no obligation to stop people leaving their country, whether headed for the UK or elsewhere. They are providing a service in doing so and it is right that we should pay for that service.

Or move our border back from Calais to Dover.
Perhaps if the EU adhered to it own regulations about its borders and insisted that refugees and economic migrants apply at their point of entry into Europe. France would not be able to use Calais for blackmail and the UK taxpayer wouldn't be involved in additional expense.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 11:38 AM

Theresa May will go down in history as one of our worst PMs.

The outcome of the Sandhurst treaty is that we pay the Frogs £45 million and agree to take in many of their locusts.

So what do we get out of it? Oh yes, we get to borrow the Bayeux tapestry: a reminder of the last time this country was conquered by a foreign power.

You really couldn't make it up!

Brown, Blair, Cameron and now May. All, in their own individual ways, contributing to the ultimate downfall of this country.

May, being in ultimate charge of the implementation of Brexit, has made one mistake after another, one concession after another. This latest attempt to give in to demands - directly from the French this time - has confirmed my long-held suspicions.

She is either incompetent or corrupt. Quite possibly both. What's more worrying is that she appears not to be honouring our vote to leave the EU, but to be doing all she can to scuttle the process. What of democracy in the UK now?

I have said it before and I meant it. Unless things change radically, I shall never vote Conservative again. In fact, I shall not bother to vote at all, as there is no party worth voting for.

If others feel the same way as me, it is quite likely that Compo and the Loony Party will form our next government, and what will happen then?

Do I care?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 11:41 AM

Macron has suddenly realised that Britain IS leaving the EU and is having a last minute clear out before we go. Pay up or we send more illegals over - plus you won't get to see the Bayeux tapestry. Well knock me down with a Coq au vin.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2018, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Theresa May will go down in history as one of our worst PMs.

The outcome of the Sandhurst treaty is that we pay the Frogs £45 million and agree to take in many of their locusts.

So what do we get out of it? Oh yes, we get to borrow the Bayeux tapestry: a reminder of the last time this country was conquered by a foreign power.

You really couldn't make it up!

Brown, Blair, Cameron and now May. All, in their own individual ways, contributing to the ultimate downfall of this country.

May, being in ultimate charge of the implementation of Brexit, has made one mistake after another, one concession after another. This latest attempt to give in to demands - directly from the French this time - has confirmed my long-held suspicions.

She is either incompetent or corrupt. Quite possibly both. What's more worrying is that she appears not to be honouring our vote to leave the EU, but to be doing all she can to scuttle the process. What of democracy in the UK now?

I have said it before and I meant it. Unless things change radically, I shall never vote Conservative again. In fact, I shall not bother to vote at all, as there is no party worth voting for.

If others feel the same way as me, it is quite likely that Compo and the Loony Party will form our next government, and what will happen then?

Do I care?
My feelings exactly JBR, I could have written your post in it's entirety.

If May pays this ransom money to France (and it looks like she will) I will not bother voting again. She has already sent us up shit creek as far as immigration and foreign Aid is concerned. If Compo gets in next time then so be it, the Tories only have themselves to blame.

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top