Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 07:29 AM

A new woman in my life

Ive got a new woman in my life and she will do anything I ask her to.

When I first heard my son with the Alexa voice activated computer thing on Amazon I thought what a waste of time it was.

However I have recently discovered that I can use Alexa on my new tablet. Its really good I can ask her to remind me to take medications, do my blood glucose tests, play music I want to listen to, play radio stations I like, Alexa wear stiletto heels around the house.

Ok I lied about the last one but isnt it amazing how new technology comes along, you try it out and suddenly realise how much you need it. It was like that when I was given my first smartphone, hated it at first, now I cannot go out without it.

Is there any technology you find you now love after first hating it.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 07:34 AM

Re: A new woman in my life

I was going to congratulate you and say I hope your new lady friend looks after you really well as you deserve to be after all you have been through.
Heck, congratulations on discovering Alexa
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 07:35 AM

No, Luddites Rock.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 08:12 AM

Hi
I have Google home .

Love it.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 08:49 AM

I wasn't keen of Kindles when I first had one, but now I wouldn't be without it, I much prefer it to an ordinary book. I read so quickly, usually a book every two days, I would need a whole library to stock all the ones I read in a year.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I wasn't keen of Kindles when I first had one, but now I wouldn't be without it, I much prefer it to an ordinary book. I read so quickly, usually a book every two days, I would need a whole library to stock all the ones I read in a year.
I agree about ebooks in general I have a Sony and wouldn't be without it. I have always had reservations about Kindle because they are tied to Amazon - however there are ways round that.

These other seductive things are fine as long as you don't mind Google or Amazon knowing everything you do or say.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 12:34 PM

How lovely MC. I loved your take on it.
Just don't get a humanoid.
oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Ive got a new woman in my life and she will do anything I ask her to.

When I first heard my son with the Alexa voice activated computer thing on Amazon I thought what a waste of time it was.

However I have recently discovered that I can use Alexa on my new tablet. Its really good I can ask her to remind me to take medications, do my blood glucose tests, play music I want to listen to, play radio stations I like, Alexa wear stiletto heels around the house.

Ok I lied about the last one but isnt it amazing how new technology comes along, you try it out and suddenly realise how much you need it. It was like that when I was given my first smartphone, hated it at first, now I cannot go out without it.

Is there any technology you find you now love after first hating it.

she sounds amazing - to good to be true. alexa if you are out there for me speak to me please ( hope sweetie don't get gel )
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by oldfool ->
she sounds amazing - to good to be true. alexa if you are out there for me speak to me please ( hope sweetie don't get gel )
Oiy you two-timer
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2018, 01:54 PM

I have said terrible, terrible things to Siri on my iPhone who has a mind of her own and an IQ of a brick.

I finally knocked her off. Defense? That passive aggressive voice .

Although stubborn and unhelpful at times, the new guy on my phone is the Aussie. At least when he doesn't follow commands, he does so in a happier tone!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top