Join for free
SamTheMan
Merseyside
SamTheMan is male  SamTheMan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2018, 05:14 PM

UKs most polluted Cities

When they were talking about this on Bbc Breakfast this morning, i was surprised that Port Talbot came top of the list. I knew they had dirty industries, but you think of Wales, and you think of fresh air.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-43964341
No surprises that Liverpool; Manchester, and London are in the list. But i'm less than 10mls from the City centre, and we scored a 1 here, which is the best result.
Who lives out in the Country with most of the pollution coming from cows & pigs ?
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2018, 05:17 PM

Re: UKs most polluted Cities

I couldn't live in a town or city.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2018, 05:20 PM

I'm in the country, not surprised that Bristol is quite high, it gives me a headache if I go there.
I'm suffering with tree pollen at the moment, that flippin' yellow peril is about too! I'm sure rape seed oil can't be good for folk, it brings on such irritation when you get close to it!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2018, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I'm in the country, not surprised that Bristol is quite high, it gives me a headache if I go there.
I'm suffering with tree pollen at the moment, that flippin' yellow peril is about too! I'm sure rape seed oil can't be good for folk, it brings on such irritation when you get close to it!
Oil seed rape makes my eyes water and nose run. There used to be quite a lot of it around, but I haven't seen any for quite a while, thank goodness.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2018, 06:09 PM

Plymouth is higher than London, now that does surprise me.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2018, 06:32 PM

Sea air and clear skies here on the Wight. Only moan is the occasional sea fog which drifts over.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2018, 06:35 PM

I was born and bred in Coventry and, although much of the old industry has gone, it's still an urban sprawl but I'm surprised to see Royal Leamington Spa on the list - things must have changed since I live and worked there many years ago - then, it was very countrified but I have discovered that the population is 60,000, three times what it was when I lived there. If the surrounding towns, Warwick and Kenilworth, and villages, e.g. Cubbington, Leek Wooton and Offchurch, have increased by as much then I guess the area has become a rural sprawl .....
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2018, 07:22 PM

Pig, cow and horse shite isn't going to give you life long problems

Even chicken shite which will make you gag won't leave you with asthma and copd

I think I'll stick with organic pollution rather then the thick diesel stench of London
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-05-2018, 10:39 PM

Hull scored 11. Everybody loves the smell of fish

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top