Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2015, 09:45 AM

Re: Ironing

Originally Posted by HTB ->
.eg.........turn trousers inside out and rub some soap down the old crease, turn back again and iron.......kaboom, razor creases, the like you have never seen before.............

Why would I want to do that?
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2015, 09:48 AM

have you seen the size of some of them.......no bloody wonder.....

I am an excellent ironer.........having been a hoffman presser in my younger days for pocket money........I learned to iron in the Army.............no tramlines etc etc..........can give you some tips for razor like creases other than using starch............eg.........turn trousers inside out and rub some soap down the old crease, turn back again and iron.......kaboom, razor creases, the like you have never seen before.............
Hmmm...sounds like you could teach the sheilas a thing or two.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2015, 09:51 AM

have you seen the size of some of them.......no bloody wonder.....

I am an excellent ironer.........having been a hoffman presser in my younger days for pocket money........I learned to iron in the Army.............no tramlines etc etc..........can give you some tips for razor like creases other than using starch............eg.........turn trousers inside out and rub some soap down the old crease, turn back again and iron.......kaboom, razor creases, the like you have never seen before.............
I'll try that !
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2015, 10:04 AM

Do you fancy coming here and tackling my pile Harry?
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2015, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
Do you fancy coming here and tackling my pile Harry?
Is that what they call it now???
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2015, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
Why would I want to do that?
It's an old army trick VM, is that where you got it?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2015, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
some folk iron bedding!
My hand is up for that! I have cotton sheets in summer, linen in winter - and both need to be ironed or they just look a mess.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2015, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
no no Honey , I couldn't sleep in creased sheets They have to be crisp and white and creaseless
Definitely !
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2015, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I can't remember the last time I ironed, I fold clothes over the airer or hang them up to dry and they don't get creased, life's too short to stand over an ironing board suffering backache

A good answer Honey
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2015, 03:23 PM

I do own an iron, but as I've not seen it for many years, I've forgotten what it looks like & were in the house it actually is.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top