Join for free
Page 5 of 17 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 09:57 AM

Re: The Polish and Others are leaving.

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Purwell I have fully explained my answer to AnnieS post, shame you can't do the same, instead of your one sentence criticisms of anybody that you don't agree with.
You do not tell me what to post.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Many rapists are born here. Should we deport them?

Middle eastern immigrants do not get into the uk because of schengen. We are not in it.
I don't believe we can deport somebody who is born here, that is one of my reasons for wishing to deport anybody who follows Sharia law, so they can't commit their evil crimes here.

Try to apply a little common sense, because they don't need schengen to get into Britain... look how many got into the EU claiming to be refugees.... when they weren't.
It was much easier for them to get into Europe so they could find a way into Britain.
Some traveled over a lot of sea to get from Africa to Europe, so I hardly think that the 22 miles across the channel will be difficult! Many will claim to have relatives living here, and without any ID, ( which they were advised not to bring by ISIS supporters) how do we prove that they are not related to residents of Britain?
There are already too many here, and even those, who were qualified as doctors, managed to plant bombs at Airports!
The radicals are not going to give up their desire to control the world, as they threatened to do, so the more we have here the better chance they have.
Do you really think there are just a few bad Muslims making all the attacks on Europe..... because you are very naive if you do!
wrinkles
New Member!
Gloucestershire
wrinkles is male 

22-05-2017, 10:27 AM

"""Many rapists are born here. Should we deport them? """

Nah Top em.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 10:58 AM

Isn't brexit a clear message to say "please leave we don't want you"?
No it isn't. All this talk stirring up racism is largely from sulky ex-pats and Remainers who persist in twisting Brexit into something divisive.

Yep I can't see how it's going to improve our economy. It all seems like the brexit future is a pile of doggy do from what I have seen so far. Not sure how anyone can continue to be optimistic about "taking back control". Seems like the biggest "Emperor's new clothes" since weapons of mass destruction...
It's going to be difficult, true .. and at the moment everything seems to feel like it's suspended in freefall. Not unexpected really as no one else has ever left the club as we have voted to do.

There's an argument that we should have remained .. would it be easier in the future to extricate ourselves from a struggling union that will likely collapse within the next 10 to 20 years? Whereas now we have a club of 27 countries based on shaky foundations who are vindictively behaving like extortionists , trying to plug their own future financial blackholes because a major contributor is leaving.
Perhaps a replacement like Turkey will fill the coffers?
Countries like Greece or Poland certainly can't.

What this thread has done for me is distinguish between two groups of EU citizens currently living in the UK.
Both want a better life than where they've come from.
The first group who genuinely want to live here, stay here, and become British citizens.
Another group who sound as though they're just work migrants , opportunists flitting back and forth, nomads chasing the most lucrative salaries and lifestyle who will want to go home or elsewhere if life becomes a little more austere here, .... fine, let them go but it's a bit rich if they're portraying themselves as victims or claiming the British are racist.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
No it isn't. All this talk stirring up racism is largely from sulky ex-pats and Remainers who persist in twisting Brexit into something divisive.

It's going to be difficult, true .. and at the moment everything seems to feel like it's suspended in freefall. Not unexpected really as no one else has ever left the club as we have voted to do.

There's an argument that we should have remained .. would it be easier in the future to extricate ourselves from a struggling union that will likely collapse within the next 10 to 20 years? Whereas now we have a club of 27 countries based on shaky foundations who are vindictively behaving like extortionists , trying to plug their own future financial blackholes because a major contributor is leaving.

What this thread has done for me is distinguish between two groups of EU citizens currently living in the UK.
The first group who genuinely want to live here, stay here, and become British citizens.
Another group who sound as though they're just work migrants , opportunists flitting back and forth, nomads chasing the most lucrative salaries and lifestyle who will want to go home or elsewhere if life becomes a little more austere here, .... fine, let them go but it's a bit rich if they're portraying themselves as victims or claiming the British are racist.
Excellent post Mort.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I don't believe we can deport somebody who is born here, that is one of my reasons for wishing to deport anybody who follows Sharia law, so they can't commit their evil crimes here.

Try to apply a little common sense, because they don't need schengen to get into Britain... look how many got into the EU claiming to be refugees.... when they weren't.
It was much easier for them to get into Europe so they could find a way into Britain.
Some traveled over a lot of sea to get from Africa to Europe, so I hardly think that the 22 miles across the channel will be difficult! Many will claim to have relatives living here, and without any ID, ( which they were advised not to bring by ISIS supporters) how do we prove that they are not related to residents of Britain?
There are already too many here, and even those, who were qualified as doctors, managed to plant bombs at Airports!
The radicals are not going to give up their desire to control the world, as they threatened to do, so the more we have here the better chance they have.
Do you really think there are just a few bad Muslims making all the attacks on Europe..... because you are very naive if you do!
Yes but brexit won't change this because it's our own shoddy systems at fault.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->

I spoke to some Italian baristas at the weekend. They said they came here because there are no jobs at all in italy. They prefer to work for the minimum wage here. They were very critical of their own government and are terrified of what brexit will bring. So they are the opportunists but they do a good job for very little money.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 01:46 PM

This is the good side-I grew up knowing Polish families-father was a pilot in WW2 etc. Later many came to work on the land,honest ,decent and hard working.

This is the bad side-Trafickers,Polish women ,abused and sold for sex.

And by `Polish` I refer to Czecs etc
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I would honestly like to know just how Brexit is going to make things better for our kids and grandkids. Our kids currently have to bring up our grandkids don't they? Okay, so if our kids lose their jobs, how is that going to help them or our grandkids?
Yep I can't see how it's going to improve our economy. It all seems like the brexit future is a pile of doggy do from what I have seen so far. Not sure how anyone can continue to be optimistic about "taking back control". Seems like the biggest "Emperor's new clothes" since weapons of mass destruction...
How will Brexit make things better for our kids?

I'd suggest that it will make things better for our kids in that they won't be conquered by the Fourth Reich. Look what the Third one did: slave labour, gassing jews, etc.

You may laugh at that, but are you confident that the EU/Germany are not intending to conquer all of Europe and enslave us for their own benefit?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 01:56 PM

If people from other countries working here want to panic and leave now before any terms for our leaving the EU are discussed and finalised in over 2 years time, so be it. They clearly short sighted people prone to panic .

Any one with a grain of sense would wait and see what the terms of our leaving the EU are going to be . No one to my knowledge even UKIP have said there will be a halt to all overseas workers coming here.

What we do need to do is to start training people instead of employing cheap overseas labour and to make sure everyone capable of work has a job of some kind.

When my son graduated from university there were no two ways about it, he had to take any job to provide for his keep until a suitable position presented itself. He packed pills in a health food supplier for a while, boring but a useful lesson in the life of work . It also demonstrated to future employers that he had the ability to get of of bed in morning and was not too proud to take any job.

Page 5 of 17 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top