Join for free
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 10:18 PM

Why Don’t Gay People Post On This Forum?

Reading the recent thread about Tom Daley and no gay person posted on it to support Tom and his husband having a baby via a surrogate mother. It made me wonder, why no gay people frequented or posted on this site.

I wish gay people would and give their opinion on various threads, where their opinion would be appreciated and make some of the ‘head in the sand’ members see the other side of the story...
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 10:22 PM

Re: Why Don’t Gay People Post On This Forum?

Good point.....but reading the responses from some contributors I'm sure they have made a conscious decision to steer well clear, unfortunately!
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Good point.....but reading the responses from some contributors I'm sure they have made a conscious decision to steer well clear, unfortunately!
I agree, this is a very frightening forum to get used to.
People jump all over you sometimes....and it seems they come in groups.

HOWEVER, once to get to know each personalty, it evens out and you get to know who is serious, who is playful, and a lot of very understanding people here. But you have to find out who is who, that's the hard part.

You, for one Art, you are very kind and understanding. A new person feels comfortable with you.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 10:25 PM

Maybe for the same reason, Morris Dancers don't.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Maybe for the same reason, Morris Dancers don't.
Why don't Morris dancers post Spit ?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Reading the recent thread about Tom Daley and no gay person posted on it to support Tom and his husband having a baby via a surrogate mother. It made me wonder, why no gay people frequented or posted on this site.

I wish gay people would and give their opinion on various threads, where their opinion would be appreciated and make some of the ‘head in the sand’ members see the other side of the story...
How do you know gay people don't post though, they may but just choose not to mention they are gay? I don't talk about me being hetresexual (usually lol) so perhaps they don't feel the need to mention they are gay. I dunno, just a thought x
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 10:31 PM

They are too polite.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

10-03-2018, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
How do you know gay people don't post though, they may but just choose not to mention they are gay? I don't talk about me being hetresexual (usually lol) so perhaps they don't feel the need to mention they are gay. I dunno, just a thought x
Never demean your thoughts.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

Perhaps gay people do post on this forum. Folks don't have to announce their sexuality before they post anything on here do they. I haven't posted on the Tom Daley post either and also lots of other threads. I could be gay for all anyone knows.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Lion Queen, You are right, l don’t know.

But... seeing as the Tom Daley thread was quite a heated thread, l am surprised that no gay person came in to support Tom Daley and his husband’s choice to have a baby.

It really was a controversial thread and if there were gay members on here, l felt sure they would have made a contribution to that thread where Tom Daley and his husband, were getting slated...

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top