Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2014, 02:29 PM

Re: Valspar paint

Went to B&Q yesterday (10% off for crumblies) and got the Valspar paint. Quite a bit dearer than Dulux, but IMO a better colour range.

It's got a slightly creamy consistency, no smell and covers beautifully.
Takes a while to dry, but so far it's looking good.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2014, 05:21 PM

Thanks George, good to know. Are you doing the walls with it, or the paintwork?
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2014, 06:00 PM

Had some equipment to paint up for the club. At B&Q bought a spray can of Rust-Oleum which I have not seen around for years. Found it brilliant , gave a finish like glass.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2014, 06:05 PM

The walls - with premium silk emulsion. It allegedly can be scrubbed, but only after it has hardened properly.
Snoopy_ wally
New Member!
Sudbury suffolk
Snoopy_ wally is male 

30-06-2014, 07:55 PM

Can I just add my thoughts? I have used dulux for years and have started redecorating the whole house. Always bought my paint from a local supplier but happened to be in B&Q and saw an offer, bought the paint,wrong chose should have bought the valspar because it took 3 coats of dulux to cover a like for like colour but with valspar 1 coat. It goes on like old fashioned paint used to and finishes very good.valspar is acrylic based and dulux water. So no more dulux for me I'am afraid and no more false offers!
Annoyedgran
New Member!
Lancashire
Annoyedgran is female 

31-08-2014, 09:20 PM

Do not buy this paint. Coverage is awful. I bought some red emulsion for 2 alcoves in my lounge. The coverage was sparse, even after 2 coats. I complained to Valspar UK only to be told that I should have applied a grey primer first. The paint I purchased was called Premium and said it was paint+primer on the tin and that 2 coats would suffice.
When I bought it in B and Q, I was asked what I was painting and there was no mention of purchasing additional primer paint. I don't think the B and Q staff have had sufficient training. The paint is expensive - £16.98 for a litre. Compare that to current B and Q offers on Crown paint - 2 x 2.5 litres for £20. Better paint and excellent coverage. Shame they didn't do the shade I needed to match my wallpaper.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top