Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2014, 10:28 AM

Re: Do you panic if you find an ant indoors?

Originally Posted by Pats ->
That is true Twizard...just like when you kill a wasp and all it's 'friends' come to the funeral....its the pheromones.

I really, really, don't like wasps and can get in a bit of a panic if I'm shut in a room with one. Since it's turned warmer and sunnier the last few days I've had a couple of those huge Queen ones come indoors lurking about. I'm always scared either me or the dogs will get stung.

Pats, you'll know the answer to this one - what's the best way to deal with a wasp sting?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2014, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
That is true Twizard...just like when you kill a wasp and all it's 'friends' come to the funeral....its the pheromones.
Sorry, posted twice in error!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2014, 10:35 AM

Diluted baking soda is good to take the sting out of a dog stung by a wasp, but watch for allergic reactions that is a medical emergency and needs immediate veterinary attention.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2014, 04:37 PM

I don't mind sharing my garden with ants but I won't share my home. You don't know where ants have been before crawling over work surfaces.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

19-03-2014, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Diluted baking soda is good to take the sting out of a dog stung by a wasp, but watch for allergic reactions that is a medical emergency and needs immediate veterinary attention.

Hi Julie, Is that the same as baking powder? Or Bi-carb of Soda? I always get muddled which is which? How much would you add to half a cup of water? (Can't do Milliletrs either, but of a dunce really)!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2014, 06:23 PM

I haven't seen any ants about lately but something sure is biting my arms. Can't figure it out. I'm well dressed when running so I can't see how they can bite through my clothes. I haven't any pets and not had any for a few years so I can't see how fleas could be in my home, and I don't think I have rampaging bed bugs or something.

Can cat fleas live on for a few years in the furniture or something? My cat died around 3 years ago.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2014, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->

Can cat fleas live on for a few years in the furniture or something? My cat died around 3 years ago.

http://fleacures.com/how-long-do-fleas-live/
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2014, 06:40 PM

Ooo ... well it ain't fleas then .
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2014, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Ooo ... well it ain't fleas then .
Wouldn't think so but you could spray the house with an insect repellent in case there's something else lurking
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-03-2014, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I really, really, don't like wasps and can get in a bit of a panic if I'm shut in a room with one. Since it's turned warmer and sunnier the last few days I've had a couple of those huge Queen ones come indoors lurking about. I'm always scared either me or the dogs will get stung.

Pats, you'll know the answer to this one - what's the best way to deal with a wasp sting?
Providing you or the dogs are not allergic to wasp stings Mups, ice can take away the pain and swelling, or you can use vinegar or lemon juice directly onto the skin, the acid content neutralizes the venom.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top