Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 02:41 AM

Re: Do you panic if you find an ant indoors?

Ant nests are quite amazing structures too.
Teddy
U.S.A.
Teddy is male  Teddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2014, 03:14 AM

Now that is cool ,nice art work.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2014, 01:38 AM

Hi Jazzi, I don't panic but I hate ants!
It seems certain crawlies are cyclical. A few years ago I had those little ant traps here & there & was expecting the same thing the next summer, but nothing. Last summer, nothing again but maybe this year will pay for all?
A couple of summers ago, we (meaning our part of the country) were invaded by wasps. Again, something different every year, aaah, isn't summer wonderful ��
What I can't stand where we live in the country is the bleedin' black flies in Spring! They NEVER are cyclical! They leave welts on your head or your face, upper body, itch. The welts don't go down for a couple of days & technically the area isn't healed sometimes for weeks��
Mountain Lady
California
Mountain Lady is female  Mountain Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2014, 07:32 PM

In California we have some little red ants that are attracted to food, especially pet food. If you squash the ants they have a very strong smell. I don't know how to describe it except it's sort of smells like turpentine or a chemical. What I've found effective is to vacuum or otherwise remove the ants and then find their trail and wipe it down with straight vinegar. This seems to throw off the scent of their trail and really helps, especially if you can find where they're coming in and really wipe down that area.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top