Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2010, 02:47 PM

Welcoming Spring

I live in the Pacific Northwest area of the United states. In oregon we live through 8 long months of rain, snow, hail and cold snaps. Did I mention rain?

I have three main hobbies: Motorcycle Touring, Photography & computers. Two out of three require a forecast that doesn't include rain. Expensive camera gear is opposed to water.

Recently we've experienced an occasional phenomenon called sunshine. It doesn't happen often but folks have been seen wandering out of their building with their eyes shaded by their hand wondering what that yellow globe is up in the sky.

I look forward to our dry season between May & September. My friend, Warren, & i have been planning trips for months in anticipation of Spring. There are Tulip Festivals, Steam Engine Rallies, & waterfalls to visit, fields of commercially grown flowers with snow capped Mt. Hood in the background. Then there's Crater Lake National Park with Wizard Island to visit.

Since I eagerly look forward to retirement in early July these trips will expand as an open schedule allows for more shooting/riding days in my near future. Bring on the sun!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2010, 03:33 PM

Re: Welcoming Spring

I don't envy you Bob - I hate the cold weather hope you enjoy your retirement
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2010, 03:45 PM

May the sun shine down on you and the wind always blow from behind and not in your face Bob.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2010, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
May the sun shine down on you and the wind always blow from behind and not in your face Bob.
But if the wind blows in my face it may disturb my hair. ROFL LOL.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top