Join for free
Page 25 of 72 « First < 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 12:01 AM

Re: Over 50s Club Yorkshire

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It would have been nice to meet you Floydy.
I think that when you join Over50'sForum you should be given a tag to wear so that we can identify each other when we're out and about...........
Haha. My wife and myself go up to Hornsea quite regularly; it's nice to get some sea air for an hour or two, have a sausage butty in that little seafront cafe and generally blow away the cobwebs from the working week.

Next time I'll wear my Dark Side Of The Moon baseball cap so you can find me. Maybe you can wear a Nike running vest and I'm sure Val can make herself known to us in some way.
Honestly bud, it would be nice to maybe meet up there sometime
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Oh no no no being a Boro supporter that would be sacrilege Val

When we were kids we would look for black jet on Whitby beachs all the jewlery shops used to have plenty in their windows for sale.
But that were years ago.
Well you could keep it just for your visits to Yorkshire longfellow, your Boro people would never know!

Still loads of jet for sale in shops in Whitby!
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Well you could keep it just for your visits to Yorkshire longfellow, your Boro people would never know!

Still loads of jet for sale in shops in Whitby!
Some years ago I had a Leeds Utd shirt signed by all the team I only excepted it cos my nephew played for them. But he moved on to better things and it was collecting dust in my back office. Then oneday the local plumber came to do a job and I gave it him because the silly sod supported them.

Hey my big sis bought a caravan in Saltburn last year she lives in Spain but it gets to hot July/August so she plans to spend sometime back in the UK.
If I get up there to see her I may well visit Whitby but I am not to sure about getting up them cliffs again, they were some steep paths if I remember rightly.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 08:49 AM

I don't know why but even though I am Yorkshire through and through I rarely visit the Yorkshire coast. Probably all the traffic on the A64 puts me off but reading your posts I might suggest a trip to hubby

Maybe one day we can all meet in one of those garden centre cafes for coffee. We can all carry a white rose and a copy of the Yorkshire Post
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I don't know why but even though I am Yorkshire through and through I rarely visit the Yorkshire coast. Probably all the traffic on the A64 puts me off but reading your posts I might suggest a trip to hubby

Maybe one day we can all meet in one of those garden centre cafes for coffee. We can all carry a white rose and a copy of the Yorkshire Post
That's a great idea Summer, although I might have trouble obtaining a copy of 'The Yorkshire Post' how about 'Pigeon Fancier'.........I'm in....

Although the A64 is usually quiet through the day at this time of year, there are some very attractive alternative routes you can take to the coast. I usually mix and match them, but I just love driving so any excuse...
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
My wife picked up a lot of sea glass at Seaham a few weeks ago. She tells me that the red variety is the rarest and most prized.
I know the Seaham glass is from the old bottle factory and it is prized, but we don't go up there which is a shame.. I've found a few blue pieces which are quite scarce for me to find though
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I was in Hornsea myself on Sunday, after going to Skirlington market. Perhaps we all saw each other incognito of course!
We were at the Car boot and Skirlington market on Sunday too. Didn't buy much though, you may have walked past us
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Haha. My wife and myself go up to Hornsea quite regularly; it's nice to get some sea air for an hour or two, have a sausage butty in that little seafront cafe and generally blow away the cobwebs from the working week.

Next time I'll wear my Dark Side Of The Moon baseball cap so you can find me. Maybe you can wear a Nike running vest and I'm sure Val can make herself known to us in some way.
Honestly bud, it would be nice to maybe meet up there sometime
Ok, I'll be wearing my Brid Kid T-shirt! I think I'd recognise Foxy but hope there's not too many Dark Side of the Moon caps about!
Val J
East Yorkshire

22-03-2017, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Some years ago I had a Leeds Utd shirt signed by all the team I only excepted it cos my nephew played for them. But he moved on to better things and it was collecting dust in my back office. Then oneday the local plumber came to do a job and I gave it him because the silly sod supported them.

Hey my big sis bought a caravan in Saltburn last year she lives in Spain but it gets to hot July/August so she plans to spend sometime back in the UK.
If I get up there to see her I may well visit Whitby but I am not to sure about getting up them cliffs again, they were some steep paths if I remember rightly.
Bet that plumber couldn't believe his luck longfellow!

199 steps up to the abbey, I used to climb them until recently, with one or two stops on the way up but the last couple of years I've not even attempted them. If you've not seen the abbey its worth it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2017, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
199 steps up to the abbey, I used to climb them until recently, with one or two stops on the way up but the last couple of years I've not even attempted them. If you've not seen the abbey its worth.
Although you have to pay!

Page 25 of 72 « First < 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top