Join for free
Page 2 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 10:15 PM

Re: Do you complain more or less..

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I freely confess that I complain more today than I did in the past.

That's because there is more to complain about now than in the past!

In my opinion, the best years were from 1979 to 1990, and I'm sure that things have got worse since then.

Why 1979 to 1990? I look forward to seeing who guesses the reason first.
Mmmm I know that 'Teflon' was invented in'97.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Mmmm I know that 'Teflon' was invented in'97.
No!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 10:30 PM

I don't complain often realy but if I do it's usually me complainingabout how the world has changed for the worst as this is how I see it these days but its usually me and my elderly Dad having a good old moan together putting the world to rights.

If I go eat out and the food is cold or not nice rather than complain I just wouldn't go back to the establishment.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2018, 10:56 PM

I think that older people should have the right to complain as they have seen their world change for the worse over the years...

I complain about most things these days, not that i want to but things don't seem to be right anymore.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 09:25 AM

I doubt there is anymore to complain about these days than there was in the past. Some people seem to think times gone by were good, but there was a lot wrong with them. I certainly wouldn't wish to go back in time.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 09:32 AM

In life generally I don't complain really I try to stay optimistic about things. But if you mean complaining about bad service that sort of thing I do stand my ground more than when I was younger.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
In life generally I don't complain really I try to stay optimistic about things. But if you mean complaining about bad service that sort of thing I do stand my ground more than when I was younger.
I will complain if something isn't right, but I have always done that.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

That's the trouble with old gits, a century or so ago, at their age, they would not have been physically here to complain.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

In my opinion, the best years were from 1979 to 1990, and I'm sure that things have got worse since then.

You were 18 in 1979 and were single for eleven of your adult years ......then you married in 1990......
twizzle
somerset
twizzle is female  twizzle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-03-2018, 09:46 AM

Thatcher. That evil bitch left a legacy that tainted UK and the "society" she claimed didn't exist and left us with the uncaring, selfish, money grabbing, colonial mentality, ruthless attitudes and lack of integrity that paved the way for Brexit today.

I suppose those who agree with that way of thinking are bound to look back on the Thatcher years with nostalgia.

Page 2 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top