Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 10:19 PM

Water tablets-furosemide

Does anyone take 'water tablets'? I already take 40mg furosemide, but for a few days a hospital consultant [ since going to A&E with my breathing problem ],has decided to increase them to 80 mg ,because I have some fluid on my lungs . I dont like this increase ,Im going to the loo far too often as it is,especially in the night
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 10:22 PM

Re: Water tablets-furosemide

Take them early in the day

Step dad was on them because of his heart problems and took his first thing so that he was fit to leave the house in the afternoons. Before then he wasn't too far from a loo
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 10:22 PM

Hmmmm run a hose pipe from your bed to the loo
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-03-2018, 12:32 AM

When you say water tablets do you mean diuretics?

My doctor considered prescribing them for me because in very hot weather, especially when I am in the tropics, my left ankle/foot swells up (that is my bad leg due to back injury).

It was decided not to because when it is swollen is also the time when I need fluids the most. Anyway, it is not that bad I can still get my shoe on.

UJ actually has a good solution - when I was in hospital after an operation I was fitted with a catheter and bag which I found very convenient and was very upset when the nurse insisted on removing it once I was mobile. Perhaps you can get something along these lines for when you go to bed?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 04:27 PM

Consider supllementing your original water tablet dosage with Natural diuretics. These include:

•Dandelion
•Horsetail
•Juniper
•Uva Ursi
•Burdock
•Asparagus
•Nettle
•Bearberry
•Buchu
•Watermelon
•Parsley and Celery
•Green and Black tea
•Hawthorn
•Hibiscus

Also cut down on salt intake

If any of the above work for you then maybe you can talk to your doc about reducing the water tablets.
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Does anyone take 'water tablets'? I already take 40mg furosemide, but for a few days a hospital consultant [ since going to A&E with my breathing problem ],has decided to increase them to 80 mg ,because I have some fluid on my lungs . I dont like this increase ,Im going to the loo far too often as it is,especially in the night
I take Furosemide also 2 20mg tablets in the AM... I too am finding lately that I am up and down all night, in and out of the bathroom... I take them as I have kidney disease...from diabetes.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Consider supllementing your original water tablet dosage with Natural diuretics. These include:

•Dandelion
•Horsetail
•Juniper
•Uva Ursi
•Burdock
•Asparagus
•Nettle
•Bearberry
•Buchu
•Watermelon
•Parsley and Celery
•Green and Black tea
•Hawthorn
•Hibiscus

Also cut down on salt intake

If any of the above work for you then maybe you can talk to your doc about reducing the water tablets.

That's all very well Realist, but would you please explain more about these treatment forms?
Are you talking about the fresh leaves/roots/flowers etc, or are you meaning in liquid or tablet form?
Also, are these natural diruetics available from health food stores or where?
Please give more information instead of just writing lists.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That's all very well Realist, but would you please explain more about these treatment forms?
Are you talking about the fresh leaves/roots/flowers etc, or are you meaning in liquid or tablet form?
Also, are these natural diruetics available from health food stores or where?
Please give more information instead of just writing lists.

Forgive me but your approach/attitude is entirely off course there imho.

The route to wellness and staying free from illnesses lies in the personal acceptance that we are at war, a war on our health and that consequently we must either lay down and die and go quietly into the night, just another the victim of the horrendous world situation we are caught up in . . . . or instead rise up, take proper responsibility for our health and accept that the path to truth and knowledge is one we have to personally walk and be determined to follow, and thereby be a survivor.

Asking to be spoonfed information is no different to walking into your GP's surgery and hoping/expecting that they will just take away all your troubles and do all the work for you. It's a lazy approach that for most people results in them being plugged into a horrendous conveyorbelt system of potions, pills and treatments that maximise profits for big pharmaceutical companies at the expense of your health.

The journey to the answers is as important as the answers themselves. Therefore if OP is truly interested in getting off water tablets they will determine to do the research into diuretics themselves.

It is easy to Google any of the natural diuretics I listed and to Google natural antibioics like GSE.

What matters is the person making the concerted choice to undertake that research, to ask the questions, to determine what is good, what is bad, to sift out anecdotal information from factual information but equally to see the difference between Big Pharama misinformation and "campaigns of fear" vs real life testimonies.

Easy to Google sunlight and Vitamin D. Easy to Google Dandelion or Juniper and so on.

But to answer one simple question, yes, very obviously the real product of Nature is ALWAYS far superior to any synthetic pharmaceutical or supplement tablet or capsule.

Eat actual apples, don't drink apple juice
Eat real ginger, not ginger capsules

For most herbs you can create a simple tea with them, mixing the specific herbs you need with hot water.

You can buy most herbs from Neil's Yard Remedies stores or online. Proper dried herbs, the real deal.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Forgive me but your approach/attitude is entirely off course there imho.

The route to wellness and staying free from illnesses lies in the personal acceptance that we are at war, a war on our health and that consequently we must either lay down and die and go quietly into the night, just another the victim of the horrendous world situation we are caught up in . . . . or instead rise up, take proper responsibility for our health and accept that the path to truth and knowledge is one we have to personally walk and be determined to follow, and thereby be a survivor.

Asking to be spoonfed information is no different to walking into your GP's surgery and hoping/expecting that they will just take away all your troubles and do all the work for you. It's a lazy approach that for most people results in them being plugged into a horrendous conveyorbelt system of potions, pills and treatments that maximise profits for big pharmaceutical companies at the expense of your health.

The journey to the answers is as important as the answers themselves. Therefore if OP is truly interested in getting off water tablets they will determine to do the research into diuretics themselves.

It is easy to Google any of the natural diuretics I listed and to Google natural antibioics like GSE.

What matters is the person making the concerted choice to undertake that research, to ask the questions, to determine what is good, what is bad, to sift out anecdotal information from factual information but equally to see the difference between Big Pharama misinformation and "campaigns of fear" vs real life testimonies.

Easy to Google sunlight and Vitamin D. Easy to Google Dandelion or Juniper and so on.

But to answer one simple question, yes, very obviously the real product of Nature is ALWAYS far superior to any synthetic pharmaceutical or supplement tablet or capsule.

Eat actual apples, don't drink apple juice
Eat real ginger, not ginger capsules

For most herbs you can create a simple tea with them, mixing the specific herbs you need with hot water.

You can buy most herbs from Neil's Yard Remedies stores or online. Proper dried herbs, the real deal

Thank you Realist, but I really didn't need a long lecture to answer one simple question. It wasn't even a long and intricate question. However, thank you for finally providing the answer in the very last two small paragraphs.

As for you saying my 'attitude is entirely off course', well I do not even take any diruetics, I was merely trying to clarify things for the members who do.

If I did take them, I am sure I would find it a little more helpful if you gave some more info rather than just a list of herbs.

I must admit I did not know about Neal's Yard selling this kind of thing though. I have purchased their products in the past, but only skin and hair care products, I was unaware they sold dried herbs. Perhaps that is more recent addition to when I last ordered?
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 09:30 PM

I saw a consultant today ,as the extra furosemide tablet have not made much improvement she said to stop the it & go back to 1 a day.Aso take a course of steroids

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top