Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 12:51 PM

Re: What are your hobbies?

Funny thing is that in the eleven years since I retired I seem to have less time for hobbies than when I was working.

I am still interested in computers and electronics as well as the theatre (though I go less and less). I still teach seniors about being tech savvy and I am still secretary or a committee member of several of associations either for seniors or local government and I am an avid reader..

These days I spend a lot of time travelling though less overseas in the last couple of years as I seem to have joined the the SAADs (See Australia And Die). I am thinking of going to Europe and or the UK next year and perhaps squeeze in an Asian trip this year (that's only a maybe) as well as many more trips in Australia.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 01:50 PM

For a while I collected moleskines - I had around 10 at one stage. Not quite hoarders material but definitely more than I needed. I was also slightly obsessed with pens, pencils, office stationery in general.

Now I've got 2 notebooks that I use plus 3 new ones for future use. One for important phone numbers addresses and appointments; the other more of a personal diary. The old ones have all been scanned and are online so I can check them if needed.

I've found that anything written down that I may need to refer to in future I'll take a photo of. That way it instantly goes up to Google Photos and I have a digital copy of it.

This has proved useful with my recent illness - all my appointments, phone numbers, a map of the hospital are available on my phone.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
For a while I collected moleskines - I had around 10 at one stage. Not quite hoarders material but definitely more than I needed.

Now I've got 2. One for important phone numbers addresses and appointments; the other more of a personal diary.
I've never tried a Moleskin. I do have maybe 6 or 7 other journals though.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
I've never tried a Moleskin. I do have maybe 6 or 7 other journals though.
They're expensive but the quality is there. Here is one I got signed by Donovan:

I've tried journalling on my iPad (I have the newer 10.5 Pro now) but can't get used to writing on a screen even though the software is good.

Still, journalling is a bit of a hobby of mine. I'd like to take more photographs but I never go anywhere unless its to the hospital and I've taken pictures of everything of interest there.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 02:13 PM

They're expensive but the quality is there. Here is one I got signed by Donovan:

I've tried journalling on my iPad (I have the newer 10.5 Pro now but can't get used to writing on a screen even though the software is good.

Still, journalling is a bit of a hobby of mine. I'd like to take more photographs but I never go anywhere unless its to the hospital and I've taken pictures of everything of interest there.
Is that a Rhodia there?
I have a couple of them. Good for fountain pens as they don't bleed through.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

19-06-2018, 02:15 PM

No that's just a standard hardback medium sized yellow moleskine.

Fountain pens! I tried those but made a mess everywhere.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

19-06-2018, 02:23 PM

No that's just a standard hardback medium sized yellow moleskine.

Fountain pens! I tried those but made a mess everywhere.
They can take some getting used to, but the more you spend the less messy and leaky they tend to be.
I have quite a number of them and chop / change between.
At the moment I'm using my Waterman Carene with fine nib.
The ink can make a huge difference as well. I normally use Diamine inks.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
They can take some getting used to, but the more you spend the less messy and leaky they tend to be.
I have quite a number of them and chop / change between.
At the moment I'm using my Waterman Carene with fine nib.
The ink can make a huge difference as well. I normally use Diamine inks.
Fountain pens cannot be used if you're left-handed. Probably why I was never any good at painting!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Fountain pens cannot be used if you're left-handed. Probably why I was never any good at painting!
I had to use a fountain pen at school, I am left handed, although I do everything else with my right hand. My handwriting is appalling.

I was hopeless at painting with a brush, but since I discovered how to do digital art I have found I have a talent for it, or at least that is what people are kind enough to tell me. People even buy my work, which is abstract in nature.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2018, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I had to use a fountain pen at school, I am left handed, although I do everything else with my right hand. My handwriting is appalling.

I was hopeless at painting with a brush, but since I discovered how to do digital art I have found I have a talent for it, or at least that is what people are kind enough to tell me. People even buy my work, which is abstract in nature.
Same with me. Everything left-handed, although I'm right-footed.
My handwriting is also awful and with age it's actually quite painful these days if I need to write more than a few lines.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top