Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 08:39 PM

Underwear

My friend has had a bowel operation and has a 'bag' does anyone know where she can get some nice ,attractive support underwear?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 08:44 PM

Re: Underwear

Not sure if this thread is in the right place, maybe in private????
Anyway I found some links
https://www.jasminestaceycollection.co/
https://www.ostomysecrets.co.uk/

I am sure that there are other places.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 09:29 PM

I would have thought the hospital after care service could help.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I would have thought the hospital after care service could help.
Yes, I would have thought so too RS ... they would be the best people to give advice in these cases.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 09:34 AM

I have a stoma and can get three pairs of support pants for free, via the NHS, per year. The fitter comes to your home, measures you and shows samples of different styles. In fact I had a telephone call this week asking me if I need a new supply.

If your friend is on Facebook there are excellent support and advisory groups who post, such as Stomawise Ostomy Support. I found them invaluable and also there are lots of links to companies who offer sample products. This group certainly helped me through the early days. It is a closed group which one applies to join, so it not open to public view.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top