Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 09:48 PM

Road Rager?

This afternoon I was driving out of my cul de sac behind a woman, at the end she was turning left and I saw her look right to see if anything coming as I did too. There was a car coming but she had plenty of time to pull out but just as she did the man in the car sped up and then started violently honking his horn, I pulled out after him and I heard him screaming disgusting abuse at her through his open window.

The poor woman must have felt really intimidated and there just wasn't any need for such road rage as she had had plenty of time to pull out? It was totally ridiculous and totally uncalled for.

Are you a angry driver or do you keep your cool.

By the way, I saw her hand come out of her car window and give him the feck off sign, good for her!

I wanted to shout to him, "whats up love, had no sex for a while" Seriously though, it really wasn't a joking matter, I really felt for that poor woman. What is the matter with some drivers!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 10:06 PM

Re: Road Rager?

Unfortunately, you do get drivers that create a problem just so they can have a go. Even when they have plenty of time to slow down, they prefer to speed up so that it looks as though the other driver would have caused an accident if it wasn't for their 'excellent' reactions and a mouthful of abuse.

Every driver makes mistakes including me and I try not to get annoyed about it but what would get me really annoyed is a driver like the one you describe LQ.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 10:27 PM

Had a very similar experience today on the A414 at a roundabout.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2018, 10:53 PM

I hate bully boy drivers like that LQ. They can be very intimidating indeed.

I always lock myself in my car when I'm driving nowadays, not only incase of people like that man, but also because I have read about thugs you lurk about at traffic lights, and when you have to stop, they whip the passenger door open and nick your handbag if its on the passenger seat.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
This afternoon I was driving out of my cul de sac behind a woman, at the end she was turning left and I saw her look right to see if anything coming as I did too. There was a car coming but she had plenty of time to pull out but just as she did the man in the car sped up and then started violently honking his horn, I pulled out after him and I heard him screaming disgusting abuse at her through his open window.

The poor woman must have felt really intimidated and there just wasn't any need for such road rage as she had had plenty of time to pull out? It was totally ridiculous and totally uncalled for.

Are you a angry driver or do you keep your cool.

By the way, I saw her hand come out of her car window and give him the feck off sign, good for her!

I wanted to shout to him, "whats up love, had no sex for a while" Seriously though, it really wasn't a joking matter, I really felt for that poor woman. What is the matter with some drivers!
As you said no nookie !
This also goes for Mamils
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 08:05 AM

I too have had reactions from raging drivers , I think the best thing to do is just carry on driving and not react after all you just don't know what they could do . A while back I was at a busy roundabout the road had also been cordened off with cones , due to a tractor turning right in front of me into the cordened off road I gave plenty of room to the driver . I looked in my mirror behind me was a woman going beserk at me , she tried to overtake but couldn't as road was so narrow but she carried on arms flaying telling me to move ! Horrible woman . I just watched in the mirror made sure my doors were locked then when I could I moved on .
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 08:25 AM

When drivers wind their windows down and shout expletives at me I just blithely drive on.

I know I haven't done anything wrong...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 08:37 AM

I put my fist up at them and shake it....l must look so common!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 08:52 AM

One of the big problems with drivers is impatience.
Many drivers also lack manners.
I was turning left at a roundabout the other day slowly following another driver in queuing traffic when a man appeared at speed on my right hand side having failed to indicate he was turning off the roundabout and not going straight on . He made such a fuss gesturing and using his horn.
I don't drive far these days the standards of driving are so poor
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2018, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
One of the big problems with drivers is impatience.
Many drivers also lack manners.
I was turning left at a roundabout the other day slowly following another driver in queuing traffic when a man appeared at speed on my right hand side having failed to indicate he was turning off the roundabout and not going straight on . He made such a fuss gesturing and using his horn.
I don't drive far these days the standards of driving are so poor
Meg, l don’t put my fist up at other drivers for making driving mistakes. I just let it go as we all make mistakes, sometimes!

I put my fist up in retaliation, if an angry driver has bibbed me, or if they have made angry gestures at me!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top