Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 11:26 AM

Re: Well Done That Man.

Well done that geezer, don't see what human rights has to do with that situation, rights should kick in when the judicial process commences.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Well done that geezer, don't see what human rights has to do with that situation, rights should kick in when the judicial process commences.
Nothing whatever to do with human rights and considering it is not a very well written piece, it wouldn't surprise me if the reporter made that part up.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Would I have jumped in ! Not sure to be honest

Spontataneous reaction maybe rather than thinking about it.

Soldiers will tell you that is how heroes are created because had they thought about it the outcome would have been different.
If I had thought about some of my actions over the years, instead of them being spontaneous, I might not have jumped in so quickly.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
The way this country is going, I'm sure that those people feel that it is a human right for them to rob people.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 12:11 AM

**** Off topic bickering removed
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I wouldn't jump in for fear of being at the end of a knife.

Brave man, though.
Catherine “Kitty” Genovese
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Brilliant! I'm glad he was caught.

I am also impressed with the person who managed to whip out their phone and get three perfect shots before they hit the ground.
Agreed! A lesson learned that he will forever have his photo on the internet with the focal point being his tackled, exposed bottom front and center. His grandchildren will be so proud...
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Agreed! A lesson learned that he will forever have his photo on the internet with the focal point being his tackled, exposed bottom front and center. His grandchildren will be so proud...
One good thing perhaps, having his face exposed (among other things ) will make the public aware of who he is and keep an eye out. A modern take on thief branding?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 08:01 AM

I am all for branding -not with a hot iron of course but perhaps with some sort of dye that doesn't wash off for x number of months .
A T on the forehead would help people to avoid thieves at the ATM machine at least !
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I am all for branding -not with a hot iron of course but perhaps with some sort of dye that doesn't wash off for x number of months .
A T on the forehead would help people to avoid thieves at the ATM machine at least !
Good idea.

On a visit to Lancaster Castle some time ago, the guide showed us a hand clamp which was used to facilitate the branding (with a hot iron) on the offender's hand of the letter 'M', for 'malefactor'.

For very serious crimes, I wouldn't object to them branding an appropriate letter on the forehead for everyone to see.

Examples could be, 'M', 'T', 'R', 'F', etc.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top