Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 10:25 PM

Re: Tolerance

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Sometimes in the heat of the moment I'm less tolerant than usual, but as I get older it's perhaps patience I'm short of....
Same here Foxy. People used to say to me 'You are so patient with things'. Now, I tend to smash them up and bin them.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 10:30 PM

I am patience itself -with animals.
At times some people however would be greatly improved by a piece of two by four applied to the scull .

On the other hand as my Grandma used to say
'You can't knock nowt where there is nowt'
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2018, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Same here Foxy. People used to say to me 'You are so patient with things'. Now, I tend to smash them up and bin them.
Yes Longdogs, that sums me up to a tee these days....
Time has become too precious to mess about repairing stuff. Bin it and buy new.....
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I am patience itself -with animals.
At times some people however would be greatly improved by a piece of two by four applied to the scull .

On the other hand as my Grandma used to say
'You can't knock nowt where there is nowt'
I'm the same with animals and (when I was a youth worker) young people. I have never been very tolerant with adults however. People at work used to wonder why I had so much patience with the young people I worked with but almost none for my staff. My management style was - "Look, you're getting paid for this. The least you could do is put some effort into it. If you don't I can find someone else who will!"
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 12:19 PM

I just have this feeling of - been there , done that , and got the tee shirt . I used to be really giving and patient , I've given to those in need , I've been there for those who needed me , I've done and seen and heard it all , and it's still happening , in fact I made no difference to any thing .

Definately less tolerant sadly
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 12:30 PM

Well, let me think.
I thought as I got older I was becoming more tolerant
But as it turns out,
I just don’t give a ____ any more
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 08:47 PM

I think Ive become more tolerant as I grow older,things dont seem so black or white,I can understand better how some people feel.But I do agree alot of people on this site have no tolerance

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top