Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 10:17 AM

Re: Stress

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Stress indeed is not good. I don't do stress, not anymore.
I do breathing through stressful situations.
SP, Forgive me for saying but didn’t you post on here when your son was unwell that you got the migraine with aura/flashing lights at the hospital? That was caused by stress.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
SP, Forgive me for saying but didn’t you post on here when your son was unwell that you got the migraine with aura/flashing lights at the hospital? That was caused by stress.
Yes Art you are right. I do try to do breathing exercises to lower my heart rate, but yes, in certain situations I panic, not good.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 11:22 AM

Stress is sometimes a big part of my life these days, I go through times when I seem to leap from one stressful thing to another. Then thankfully it all stops for a while.
If I'm really strung out I drive over to Strathy Beach and just sit on one of the massive rocks and watch the ocean pound. Don't understand why but it does help me to calm down..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I agree, Mups is right. People handle stress differently, some seem to thrive on it and treat it like a challenge while others can make themselves very ill with stress.

I agree, MC.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Yes Art you are right. I do try to do breathing exercises to lower my heart rate, but yes, in certain situations I panic, not good.
My stress is mostly about my children. Really they are fine but l worry about them without good reason! They tell me off about it.
In fact, they tend to keep things from me, so that l don’t worry unnecessarily!!

I can’t help it, l love them so much...
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
How come, stress shows on some peoples faces, but, not on others?
Stress gives me a migraine, which puts an awful look on my face because I can't stand the pain. The look I have makes people think I am angry and they say "what are you mad about"....but I am not mad, I am sick.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
My stress is mostly about my children. Really they are fine but l worry about them without good reason! They tell me off about it.
In fact, they tend to keep things from me, so that l don’t worry unnecessarily!!

I can’t help it, l love them so much...
Art I believe we are all parents for life.
I suppose the worry is part and package.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 03:52 PM

Spitfire, long-term stress can take years off one's life, so I hope that if you are referring to a person in your life that they find some help in managing it.

It can absolutely be managed with lifestyle changes. Just like we have physical therapists, I think we also need stress therapists.

Roxy, your beautiful photo dropped my stress level just looking at it. I can only imagine what it must be like to be within driving distance. No doubt a dog can reduce stress too. Now when it comes to reducing stress and having four dogs, which I currently have, I am not so sure. (Give your pup a pat for me!)
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 04:53 PM

I don't do stress - can't be bothered with it.....
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2018, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Stress is sometimes a big part of my life these days, I go through times when I seem to leap from one stressful thing to another. Then thankfully it all stops for a while.
If I'm really strung out I drive over to Strathy Beach and just sit on one of the massive rocks and watch the ocean pound. Don't understand why but it does help me to calm down..
Wow!!!!
Now that would seriously calm me down too Roxy ,thats just beautiful calming and stunning...youre so fortunate to have such a place as that to visit when you choose

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top