Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2011, 10:00 PM

Bob's Falls

On a photographic safari two weeks ago I captured one of my favorite scenes, "River House". I was parked on a tiny spot along the edge of the road, just big enough for my SmartForTwo car. When I return to my car after taking the photos of my river house I heard a familiar sound, that of a waterfall. I had seen & heard this tiny falls before but never this loud. I explored, camera in hand, to discover a good sized undiscovered waterfall, roaring to the creek below. I dubbed it "Bob's Falls". in honor of it's founder, ME.
I present to you the first photo ever taken of "Bob's Falls".

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2011, 10:04 PM

Re: Bob's Falls

Wow! that certainly is something special and a brilliant shot ........ great name too, it should have it's place on a map!
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2011, 10:06 PM

It's not often we get to discover anything like this. I was pleased that my quick snapshot of it through the trees did it justice. We've had heavy rains & snow melt from this Winter cause things like this.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2011, 07:24 AM

Great picture Bob and discovering Mother Natures wonders are so rewarding.
Is it a place you will visit often now that you have found it?
bobmielke
Portland, OR

28-06-2011, 11:13 AM

I go there already 4-5 times a year to photograph the scenery but I doubt I go just to look at the falls. I suspect they are only that size a very limited portion of the year.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top