Join for free
Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2012, 10:00 PM

Re: Euro 2012

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
what an amazing sight here, fireworks filling the sky, everyone out shouting and cheering, brilliant.
Spain will be partying all night Well done to them....
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

01-07-2012, 10:22 PM

Well done to Spain, nothing boring about that display.

They did their homework after the last match with the Azzurri and if it had been a boxing match the ref would have called time at the 70th minute to save them from further punishment.

However, take nothing away from them, they thoroughly deserved the trophy for all the matches not just tonight.

Really glad to see my ex Liverpool favourite player, Xabi Alonso get what could be a final medal, one of the most consistant players in the tournament.

Sad also to see what might be the last of Andrea Pirlo, another great.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2012, 10:24 PM

Well done Spain, let the celebrations begin!
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2012, 10:26 PM

Yes, a very enjoyable game, played in the right spirit. The old Spain were back, spraying their passes everywhere. Felt sorry for the Italians, as they played with ten men for a spell in the second half. Who can beat this Spanish team at the moment? Should be a great world cup when its played in Brazil.Got to give credit to the Poles and Ukrainians for organising a wonderful tournament, great pitches, not too much fan trouble, and referees who seemed to be on the ball, apart from them quite silly and pointless blokes behind the goal. Well done to all concerned.
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hu99 is male  Hu99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2012, 11:48 PM

An amazing display of team philosophy from the Spanish who stuck to the script and took Italy apart. I couldn't be happier after what Balotelli did to my beloved Mannschafft. I wasn't going to watch this game because I was still mourning the elimination of Germany but I'm glad I did.
Well done Spain and I can't wait to get to work next Thursday to proudly wear my Spain shirt and make Mike Ghilarducci eat crow after his disgusting smugness last Thursday.
Hu99
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hu99 is male  Hu99 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2012, 11:53 PM

Too early to consider this Spanish team one of the best ever? They may not match up to Brazil of 1970 or Uruguay of 1930 but you can't deny that 3 major tournaments in a row is an achievement that may never be equalled.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2012, 10:30 AM

I'm no football expert but will watch when it's something like this. We support Spain of course, we live here and whenever we watch Spain playing it always strikes me how calm and "polite" they always seem to be. I was definitely not impressed with that Balotelli person storming off in a paddy after the match, someone needs to teach him some manners, what a sore loser, he did nothing for his team's prestige with such a show of bad temper and ignorance.
Bob.b
Nottingham UK
Bob.b is male  Bob.b has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2012, 06:39 PM

What a fantastic display from the Spanish side, so good to witness history in the making and for me this present team is surely the best ever, some of the football they produced was simply awesome and they are certainly a credit to their profession, certainly the side for the rest of us to try and emulate, even a very good Italian side couldn't live with them, especially after going down to Ten men.
Good luck in the future so the Spaniards, well earned accolades from everywhere.
I shan't be posting for a couple of weeks or so, see you on my return, tarrar for now
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2012, 06:55 PM

Tarra whack.

Page 8 of 8 « First < 6 7 8

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top