Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 12:43 PM

Re: What's Holding You Back?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Bratti, l did add one of my famous exclamation marks!!
Ahhh yes the exclamation mark lol
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 12:47 PM

Bratti, l did add one of my famous exclamation marks!!
Yes but compared to MY writing style ,
You clearly needed MORE

Don’t mind me,
I’m just being a goof
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 01:06 PM

ruthio, My comment was tongue in cheek and maybe, l should have added a smiley thing to indicate l was half joking!

I will never be a ‘Miserable Old Codger’! I wouldn’t know how to be miserable! l’ve always been an ‘upbeat’ type of person!
Thank gawd for that, you had me really worried there!!

The expression God's Waiting Room must only ever be uttered from your trembling lips when you're 99 and lying pale and wan on the pillow in the hospice 😁

Actually talking of Hospice work...no, that's another thread.

Anyway I m glad to hear you're not heading for Old Codgerdom, too many of them around as it is

70 is just a stupid number, any birthday cards with The Number on the front get put on the mantlepiece face to the wall
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 01:28 PM

It was my birthday last Monday and l was the dreaded ...70. I hate it but what can l do?
It takes a while to get used to turning 70 until realising that it hasn't made any difference. It's general condition and energy levels that really count. That's likely to be just about the same as it was when 68 or 69.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Thank gawd for that, you had me really worried there!!

The expression God's Waiting Room must only ever be uttered from your trembling lips when you're 99 and lying pale and wan on the pillow in the hospice 😁

Actually talking of Hospice work...no, that's another thread.

Anyway I m glad to hear you're not heading for Old Codgerdom, too many of them around as it is

70 is just a stupid number, any birthday cards with The Number on the front get put on the mantlepiece face to the wall

Clearly you haven't visited Eastbourne Ruth darlin' - 'God's waiting room' is a very apt description for that town. Further west along the coast there is Peacehaven otherwise known as Gerratrica-on-sea.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Clearly you haven't visited Eastbourne Ruth darlin' - 'God's waiting room' is a very apt description for that town. Further west along the coast there is Peacehaven otherwise known as Gerratrica-on-sea.
UJ, l suppose, thinking about it, we are all in ‘God’s Waiting Room’ from the day we are born?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 05:42 PM

UJ, l suppose, thinking about it, we are in ‘God’s Waiting Room’ from the day we are born?

Maybe so Angel darlin', but some places are more descriptive of it than others.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 06:12 PM

Terminal Velocity.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
We lived in Eastbourne for 9 months in 2005, both my husband and I disliked the place, and couldn't wait to get back home.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2018, 11:49 PM

UJ, l suppose, thinking about it, we are all in ‘God’s Waiting Room’ from the day we are born?
Aye lass from the day we are born we are all dying. Thinking abart it, what even is the point

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top