Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 12:35 PM

Re: I don't half feel rotten

Sorry to hear you are not well Mups, I find the best thing to do is to take hot whiskey and lemon with a few cloves in it at bedtime, you will sweat it out and feel much better in about two days, but continue taking it for a week, it’s an old fashioned remedy and has never failed me.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 12:47 PM

Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 03:36 PM

Sorry to hear you are so poorly Mups. Are there dog walkers or other pet care companies in your area? They might be useful for the worst days.

I hope you feel better soon. Sending lots of hugs. >>>>>>hugs<<<<<<
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 03:55 PM

I bring you good news-it`s most probably just a bad cold. I also bring not so good news-mine lasted 9 days and it`s no fun. Fluid,paracetamol and rest. Sod the ironing and hoovering that can wait.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 07:50 PM

Poor Mups, I had it over Xmas, it lasted three weeks! Last time I had a proper cold like that was 1996.
Vitamin C and Zinc, hot Ribena, fresh air helps to clear your tubes.
Vicks, Olbas, Otrivine nosal squirts help a bit but it's a nasty one!
Get well soon x

PS. Jakers throat sweets are good especially lemon and honey or menthol mint.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 09:52 PM

Hello, I'm back, just not in very good condition.
I felt so bad last night and this morning I went back to bed and stayed there until just now. I think my temperature is finally back to normal, and the room has stopped spinning, so I hope I'm on the mend.

Thank you so much for thinking of me, all your good wishes have cheered me up no end, you really are a kind hearted lot, except for some of the men who I shall personally come and slap when I feel a bit stronger.

See, you can't get rid of me easily . . x x x
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 10:30 PM

welcome back Mups, only a small cold then...Man Flu is far more dangerous and lasts at least 3 weeks.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
welcome back Mups, only a small cold then...Man Flu is far more dangerous and lasts at least 3 weeks.

Oi, I'll have you know I felt really bad. I was frightened to stand up because the room kept spinning, and I've sweated about a stone off an' all, and me chest is still sore - cheeky blighter.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2017, 11:25 PM

I do hope you're over the worst, I won't tell you about my sister in case it gives you a relapse!!
Keep warm and drink loads of water, hot with honey and lemon is good xx
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

13-01-2017, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I do hope you're over the worst, I won't tell you about my sister in case it gives you a relapse!!
Keep warm and drink loads of water, hot with honey and lemon is good xx

Thanks ruthio. I have been making honey & lemon drinks, and taking Echinacea and paracetamol when my temperature was shooting up. I certainly feel better than I did this time yesterday, so I'm hoping tomorrow I will feel well enough to go and collect my dog food else they are going to be getting rather thin!

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top