Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 07:34 PM

Re: Deja vu...

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Jem, you wicked man, you!

I felt better after having coffee with two lovely old friends this morning and then...

It gets worse. I found out today that when he was in the pub with an old local friend he decided to discuss my medical history...Whatever possessed him? Now half the town will know sooner or later.
Oh I'd hate that, if, like me, you're a stickler for keeping personal things private, you will not be a happy bunny... When is he due to leave?
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 09:17 PM

How can you get to 62 without knowing when your armpits stink and you need a shower? And then decide not to bother until after you go for a walk TOMORROW?!
How can you get to 62 without ANY practical know-how?
How can you get to 62 and still be unable to have a balanced conversation with someone who gently challenges your views?
That sounds EXACTLY like my ex-husband!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Lindyloo ->
That sounds EXACTLY like my ex-husband!
I promise it's not him! My brother never married. (Now there's a surprise )
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2014, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Oh I'd hate that, if, like me, you're a stickler for keeping personal things private, you will not be a happy bunny... When is he due to leave?
Yes, indeed, I am like you in that respect. And no doubt small town Ireland will shortly be buzzing with gossip that I am at death's door...(which I am not, of course)

I THINK he leaves on Thursday. He hasn't said yet for definite, but I may soon confirm to him that he IS leaving on Thursday!
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I would tell him in a polite way something like 'Do you mind having a shower before we eat '

Then lock the whisky away and smile sweetly counting the hours until he goes
I would tell him in a polite way to sod off!
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I would tell him in a polite way to sod off!
Wonderful!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 08:33 AM

I`m glad I`m not gay,most men turn me off with their BO and inability to put the loo seat down.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 11:09 AM

There was no need for him to gab about you in the pub Ania, that was a bad show I'll agree, Cheer up it's Tuesday already.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 11:55 AM

I found out today that when he was in the pub with an old local friend he decided to discuss my medical history...........................half the town will know sooner or later.
That's really out of order and I agree, in my experience, gossip like this spreads like wildfire.

Don't know what to advise, I suppose you could go on holiday for a few days, Spain is quite nice this time of year
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

16-09-2014, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
That's really out of order and I agree, in my experience, gossip like this spreads like wildfire.

Don't know what to advise, I suppose you could go on holiday for a few days, Spain is quite nice this time of year
Funny you should say that, Losos. I'm off to Mallorca for a week this Saturday By which time I suspect the town will be certain that I am dying of breast cancer...

On the plus side, he finally had a shower this morning!!!! But then put on the shirt he wore on his walk yesterday...aroma still in evidence

You couldn't make it up...

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top