Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 02:24 PM

My tablet finally passes away

It is with Deepest Regret

That I have to announce the passing of my Amazon Fire HD 7" Tablet.
After three years of faithful service it started to decline at the weekend and would not recharge properly. Then last night while darkness covered our part of the world it finally slipped away with its dying message, Battery at 1%.
It will be sorely missed as despite being only three years old it was in use virtually 24 hours a day, so much work obviously took its toll.

I can still remember our first days together when it was young and carefree and our age difference meant nothing as we fell in love so fast and it would receive my emails with a gentle bonging noise, we would enjoy dates together on my calendar, and watch Prime films together.
Many times we enjoyed ordering take away food and would dine on the sofa just staring at each other face to face while iPlayer played catch up programs for us.
We cried watching ET at Christmas and laughed when YouTube suddenly started recommending lots of Ladyboy in Thailand clips to us.
We listened to music together and not once did it complain about my singing, like most of my neighbour's did.

It will be greatly missed but it did tell it its time for me to move on and maybe start seeing that second hand laptop my son gave me last Christmas, still in a box, as using my smartphone to go on the internet is not easy and as you know and smartphones will go out with anyone with money willing to pay for play.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 02:32 PM

Re: My tablet finally passes away

What a beautiful Obituary Mondays child

RIP Amazon Fire HD 7" Tablet

Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 03:37 PM

It's strange to read a lament for an Amazon tablet but very well written.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I agree with you Ffosse, that is really well written. I enjoyed reading it.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 05:44 PM

My condolences Monday's Child, it brought a lump to my throat reading about your loss..... Some of my equipment is long past it's sell by date, and google chrome have ceased to offer support for my desk top PC simply because I want to carry on my relationship with Vista.....

I do hope that you can fill the gaping hole in your life left by your now deceased Amazon Fire.....Unlike google chrome MC I will always be here to offer support should you need it...
Take care my friend, and I will raise a mug of Yorkshire Tea in honour of your Tablet......RIP

PS:- Will there be a ceremony?
Kev60
Germany. Black Forest.
Kev60 is male  Kev60 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 05:50 PM

Gone but not forgotten and such beautiful memories to linger.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
I agree with you Ffosse, that is really well written. I enjoyed reading it.
Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
My condolences Monday's Child, it brought a lump to my throat reading about your loss..... Some of my equipment is long past it's sell by date, and google chrome have ceased to offer support for my desk top PC simply because I want to carry on my relationship with Vista.....

I do hope that you can fill the gaping hole in your life left by your now deceased Amazon Fire.....Unlike google chrome MC I will always be here to offer support should you need it...
Take care my friend, and I will raise a mug of Yorkshire Tea in honour of your Tablet......RIP

PS:- Will there be a ceremony?
Originally Posted by Kev60 ->
Gone but not forgotten and such beautiful memories to linger.
Thank you all so much for your kind posts.

I have been thinking about a ceremony and wanted to have a Viking one where the tablet could be set adrift in a small scaled down long boat while I, wearing a hat with horns, fired small flaming arrows into the pyre.
However i live a long distance from the sea and the council put their foot down about me using the pond in the park as it would disturb the ducks.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Thank you all so much for your kind posts.

I have been thinking about a ceremony and wanted to have a Viking one where the tablet could be set adrift in a small scaled down long boat while I, wearing a hat with horns, fired small flaming arrows into the pyre.
However i live a long distance from the sea and the council put their foot down about me using the pond in the park as it would disturb the ducks.
I live near the sea MC, it is just across the road. Send it to me, I will make sure it gets a good send off.
cbrown372
Scotland
cbrown372 is female  cbrown372 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 07:22 PM

I would email your lament to Amazon and ask if they can help you with your loss, you never know!
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by cbrown372 ->
I would email your lament to Amazon and ask if they can help you with your loss, you never know!
Good advice C Brown Three Seven Two!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top