Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2018, 07:09 PM

Re: Asda..A tale of Woe

One thing I'll say about Aldi is that their 'checkout operatives' are like lightning.
We went there last week and items were passed through the 'reading machine thing' faster than the eye could follow. Both Marge and myself were putting them in our bags in our trolley as fast as we could, but there's no way that even the two of us could keep up with this fast young lady.
Medea
East Sussex
Medea is female 

13-03-2018, 01:34 PM

There is nothing wrong with taking the grand children shopping they are very useful for climbing up the shelves to reach things and very good at aiming stuff in the cart. True they occasionaly hit someone on the head but it is all good fun. We play the game of spot the alien and I always wear a colander on my head to stop them reading my thoughts. Asda is not quite so full of extra terrestials as Lidl and I am quite sure they use it for alien gatherings.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 01:38 PM

With regard to the colander, a couple of questions for you,
1. Plastic or metal?
2. If Plastic what colour
3. Do you line your colander with foil?
Yes I know it’s 3 questions but the voice in my head told me to add another.
Medea
East Sussex
Medea is female 

13-03-2018, 01:56 PM

Metal of course - lining it with foil is an option but can get a bit sweaty. You must always listen to the voice in your head except when it tells you to do bad things!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Medea ->
Metal of course - lining it with foil is an option but can get a bit sweaty. You must always listen to the voice in your head except when it tells you to do bad things!
Ahhhh, ok..thanks, I try to ignore the voice that tells me to sharpen my knives, but hey ho...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 09:40 PM

And how did your shopping trip go today Rehab?
Was it every bit as enjoyable and entertaining as usual?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
One thing I'll say about Aldi is that their 'checkout operatives' are like lightning.
We went there last week and items were passed through the 'reading machine thing' faster than the eye could follow. Both Marge and myself were putting them in our bags in our trolley as fast as we could, but there's no way that even the two of us could keep up with this fast young lady.
I place my trolley against the check-out and simply throw everything back into the trolley (except for eggs of course ) as soon as they've been scanned. I then take them to the packing area and bag the stuff up in methodically. Stuff to go in the fridge in one bag, tinned and jarred goods, spuds etc. in another.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

13-03-2018, 10:08 PM

Fairly run of the mill today, I was attacked by an Asian lady with her trolley ..twice...she was obviously running here international business empire over her mobile and I just happened to be in her shipping lane...of course Elton John was on the checkout that I chose to use....he immediately decided to take on the challenge when I said I didn’t need any help packing...so everything went through the scanner faster than greased chicken shit!

It all landed in a huge pile..teetering in the bagging area, an extra jar of Lloyd Grossman pasta sauce would have been too much for it. Like a giant tsunami it would have collapsed onto children..pensioners and staff crushing them to death.
I took my time bagging up, the way you do, it’s at moments like this ..after bagging that I wished I had kept all the vouchers out of Badger Owners Weekly, Elton has a short fuse and a handful of expired vouchers would have tipped him over to the dark side..like I said..just another Tuesday..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 10:14 PM

Glad to hear you had a nice time then Rehab, but be careful, they say you can have too much of a good thing though.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-03-2018, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I place my trolley against the check-out and simply throw everything back into the trolley (except for eggs of course ) as soon as they've been scanned. I then take them to the packing area and bag the stuff up in methodically. Stuff to go in the fridge in one bag, tinned and jarred goods, spuds etc. in another.
Yes, I think that's the accepted norm at Aldi. However, we usually ensure that we go only at quiet times, and flinging things (except eggs!) into our bags (in the trolley) is almost as quick at flinging them (except eggs!) into the trolley!

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top