Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2014, 03:36 AM

Re: 'Coming Out'

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I cannot think of a single occasion when the world needs to know about my sexual preference.
Nor can I but then you are undoubtedly not discriminated against because of your sexual orientation. You might think differently if you were.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2014, 03:56 AM

weren't heterosexual females discriminated against a century ago when their preference was to have sex and babies out of wedlock - is that another example of coming out?
seaspirit
stowmarket suffolk
seaspirit is female  seaspirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2014, 09:28 AM

because the people read the gossip, when people stop reading the gossip magazines and papers they will stop getting the publicity for their private lives, and keep them private
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2014, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Nor can I but then you are undoubtedly not discriminated against because of your sexual orientation. You might think differently if you were.
I don't often agree with you Bruce, but that's a good post.

People say we have moved on so much with respect to our attitudes to gays but I'm not so convinced. Sure, in terms of rights and legal issues things have improved but there is still a huge amount of bigotry out there.

Also totally agree with seaspirit - if we didn't have this celeb-following culture there would be no need for this public "coming out".
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2014, 11:45 AM

While it may be the law and all gay people are entitled to the laws protection and their rights, the same as the rest of us, that doesn't automatically mean people have to agree with and like it and accept the homosexual acts as 'normal', as far as I'm concerned it's not normal for a man to have sex with another man, it may be normal to him and good luck to him, but not to me, I have my rights too and all this pussy footing about in or out is a bit too much these days, just do what you do and get on with it and skip the publicity.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2014, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
They should not have to face discrimination at all Patsy, and besides it is unlawful, that is why the B&B owners lost their cases.
I agree in part - in respect of the B & B owners, I think they were naïve and this was the first time they faced the dilemma.
If it had been a hostile situation, I would agree more, this was their homes, not a hotel, so I did feel for them and they did handle the situation with a polite attitude. But - they lost out in the end .......

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top