Join for free
billclay
west Yorkshire
billclay is male  billclay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 01:22 PM

Innocence of youth.

It was my first job, i was green as grass and eager to please, after about two weeks my boss sent me to the nearby sweet shop for a quarter pound of "Cobblers ball`s" , being innocent of the way of things i actually went. well i was only fifteen. The old lady in the shop had obviously never heard of them and promised to order some.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 01:44 PM

Re: Innocence of youth.

I recall, Tartan paint, Sky Hooks, and Skirting board ladders, none of which i fell for, however when asked to get the bastard file i said "Im not falling for that one" One clipped ear later i got said item they did exist.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 01:47 PM

Not the same thing really - but when Hubs was a nipper, his Mother asked him to go to the corner shop for some errands, without waiting to be told, he ran to the corner shop asking for 'some errands' - bless 'im
seaspirit
stowmarket suffolk
seaspirit is female  seaspirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 03:23 PM

yes we were all sent for daft stuff, we were sent for rainbow paint, I asked my uncle for a white paint and a spoon of each of everything else he had, and carefully dribbled the paint do it didn't mix, and carefuly took the rainbow paint back to the site, the men were so amused by our answer they did a 'whip round' for us to buy icecream
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 08:05 PM

I remember the first chap I was apprenticed to sending me down two flights of stairs to the tool room and asking the manager there for 'The long Weight', after an hour he turns to me and says "Was that long enough for you son?"
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2014, 10:18 AM

I remember leaving school at 15years 3 months. My first job I was the Junior in a shop/offices selling parts for cars. Lots of men around there.
As the Junior I had to walk with paperwork to different parts of the place and was often grabbed by men who worked there. I was very innocent
and didn't know I could complain.
I cannot off hand think of being told to do something which was not part of my job.
So that's my innocence

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top