Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 08:46 AM

Running away - again

Fed up, so we're running away for a few days. Nowhere special, just down to the Lake District. Not quite the weather for Fell walking, but we want to drop into 'Lakeland' to get some kitchen bits & pieces, and Dianne wants to buy some outdoor wear - probably in Keswick.

We told our girls we were going, only to find that younger daughter + partner were running off to Valencia for a festival, and elder daughter is going to Seoul to speak at a conference.

Cumbria will just have to do us till later in the year!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 08:51 AM

Re: Running away - again

Have a lovely time GW weather looks lovely this morning so hope it is beautiful there too, nothing like the lakes in sunshine !
artybez
HIGHCLIFFE DORSET
artybez is female  artybez has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 08:53 AM

Nice to have a break - where-ever.

Our first off in the caravan will be April 6th to Kent.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 09:14 AM

Sounds good I love Keswick
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 09:45 AM

Oooh I'm envious. Have a fab time.

I was considering running away next week for a few days, looking at Bournemouth, but I'm still waiting for a text from the bloke who does the computer courses: I've told him to start organising the new lot of pupils and waiting to hear on a start date. If I do go away, I would take a minimally small case on wheels, but go by coach. Might still defer by a few weeks.

Going crazy here. Feel like putting my feet up elsewhere and having my meals cooked for me, but money is still the issue.
seaspirit
stowmarket suffolk
seaspirit is female  seaspirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 09:45 AM

sounds good, guess I have run away, never thought of it like that, am in so remote a place I don't even know where I am ( well O.K. am at one of the daughters but no idea where, except it is Ipswich) hope you had a good time
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 09:50 AM

BTW, I went into that Lakeland at Windermere, but of course they are now springing up everywhere. Quite expensive, but some good stuff.

I really must get up to the LD myself. When there a fair few years ago I took the train, started in Windermere, then B&Bd in Ambleside and Keswick using a 5 day bus rover to get around. I remember some stunning scenery and would love to see it again.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Fed up, so we're running away for a few days. Nowhere special, just down to the Lake District. Not quite the weather for Fell walking, but we want to drop into 'Lakeland' to get some kitchen bits & pieces, and Dianne wants to buy some outdoor wear - probably in Keswick.

We told our girls we were going, only to find that younger daughter + partner were running off to Valencia for a festival, and elder daughter is going to Seoul to speak at a conference.

Cumbria will just have to do us till later in the year!

George matey, you can even call in for a cuppa with 'our' Annie.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 11:11 AM

The Lake District is special - beautiful scenery, etc - if the weather is good

I'm off to Morecambe for the weekend on 7th March - hoping to do some walking perhaps in the Forest of Bowland but who knows might get to somewhere in the Lakes - nothing planned yet.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2014, 11:50 AM

Oh what a lovely idea, we are looking at going to the lakes closer to the summer.

But we are running away again in march for a few days, which I cannot wait for.

Enjoy your time away.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top