Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2014, 12:06 PM

Re: Network Rail & Level Crossing deaths

Originally Posted by Pats ->
it seems that these days it is always someone else's fault.

I am sure we have all seen first hand or on film footage, people doing the most stupid things on level crossings both on foot and in vehicles.
Not just level crossings on train tracks, you see it every where. don't look where they are going, get drunk and fall into rivers, jump onto moving trains, drive like the idiots they are.

But heavens lets's not worry because there will always be someone to blame and better still the vultures will take on your case (No win no fee) so you can sit back and pick up a fortune, a nice little earner
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2014, 05:19 PM

I can't help but think the obvious here - are people getting more stupid?

I see signs regularly, like a young driver reversing out of her driveway yesterday, but only looking one way - the opposite way to me.

She seemed totally amazed when she finally looked in my direction to see me sat there, waiting patiently for her to complete her manoeuvre.

She mouthed "sorry" but really she could be VERY sorry if she continues driving in that fashion but we see this sort of thing all the time now don't we?!

Up on North Bank near Whittlesey, Cambridgeshire there's a long, straight road with a deep ditch beside it.

I've driven along it in the past and the water's the first thing that you notice, day or night, so how come so many cars end up in it with people drowning?

Could it be people simply do not pay attention?!!! stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2014, 05:42 PM

Answer ...... People 'are' more stupid .....
Seems to be a requirement these days
seaspirit
stowmarket suffolk
seaspirit is female  seaspirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2014, 09:38 PM

sad but the notice always says stop look listen, you can hear the train coming, well before you can see it it makes the rails sing, it's like crossing on yellow lights, , stopping in the yellow box . jay walking .only for idiots

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top