Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
seaspirit
stowmarket suffolk
seaspirit is female  seaspirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 03:18 PM

modern fashions

looking at the fashions, why is it O.K. for a woman to have hairstyle and dress like a man, but not for a man to have a hairstyle and dress like a female ????? just wondering
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 03:24 PM

Re: modern fashions

Not sure what you mean gal - but men do have long hair and 'some' wear feminine things too .....
I like to see a man in a skirt - its sensible to wear one in the summer, pity it didn't take off. They do so in India - why not here ......
seaspirit
stowmarket suffolk
seaspirit is female  seaspirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 03:32 PM

I almost bumped in to a 'gentleman' , who turned out to be a lady and was most annoyed as I'd said 'sorry sir'
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Not sure what you mean gal - but men do have long hair and 'some' wear feminine things too .....
I like to see a man in a skirt - its sensible to wear one in the summer, pity it didn't take off. They do so in India - why not here ......
Lot of Indians here wear a sort of skirt type garment in the summer they wear them with trousers underneath in the winter though and I don't blame them LOL
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 04:40 PM

Some men do dress like and have female hairstyles. There is one on David Dickinson's Real Deal.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 05:11 PM

If I wore a kilt, a sporran, a frilly shirt and a sgian dubh in my sock, you'd think I was off to a clan gathering or some other Scottish event.

If I wore a tartan skirt, a frilly blouse, carried a handbag and had a knife tucked into my sock, I'd probably get arrested as a cross-dresser carrying a dangerous weapon.

Maybe I should hide the knife in my handbag.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
If I wore a kilt, a sporran, a frilly shirt and a sgian dubh in my sock, you'd think I was off to a clan gathering or some other Scottish event.

If I wore a tartan skirt, a frilly blouse, carried a handbag and had a knife tucked into my sock, I'd probably get arrested as a cross-dresser carrying a dangerous weapon.

Maybe I should hide the knife in my handbag.

I like the kilt - very fetching
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

18-02-2014, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Lot of Indians here wear a sort of skirt type garment in the summer they wear them with trousers underneath in the winter though and I don't blame them LOL
They also wear something like a shift dress - Arab countries too ..... I like them
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2014, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
They also wear something like a shift dress - Arab countries too ..... I like them
When I worked ion the Middle East I had the summer-weight dishdasha, which most locals wear.

I had complete outfit with keffiyah (headdress) and taqiyah (skull cap) that goes underneath, basically to hold the keffiyah in place with the agal (rope circlet) on top with the tassle-bit hanging down the back.

Mine was the high button-up embroidered collar which looks quite smart for evening wear but I had another dishdasha with an ordinary western-style shirt collar which I used to wear sometimes too - every-day wear that one!

In the desert it was much more comfortable to wear in the heat than western dress and as I worked out in the desert away from populated areas I'd wear it quite often, especially when I was seconded to ADNOC - the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company.

The keffiyah can be red, green, grey or blue and in some Arab States the green is associated with supporting the Palestinians, but it's also the favoured Islamic flag / pennant colour dating back centuries.

Red seems to be the favourite in Gulf States and Saudi Arabia and for some reason Syrians and Lebanese often wear blue or grey.

I am also entitled to wear a tartan but I can't remember which one now - MacTavish I think - it's been years! stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

18-02-2014, 05:45 PM

Loverly - bet it looked good on you Steve - wish Hubs would wear one, if just indoors ....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top