Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2014, 01:23 PM

Is there a danger.

It seems that in society, more and more people have had more than one partner, with some men and women having children with multiple partners. If I was such a person I think I would worry that one of my children may well unknowingly find themselves in a relationship with a half brother or sister.

It may sound far fetched but I do think it's a possibility.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2014, 01:26 PM

Re: Is there a danger.

I agree it 'is' a possibility. In fact I read of a couple, some months back, where this has happened, it did not deter them.
I will never understand the lack of 'sense' with people - its a crazy world, for sure ....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2014, 01:27 PM

I must say I do think we may be storing up problems ahead, but I doubt it will be a problem in our life times.

Not sure there is an answer either as we cannot stop people having as many partners as they wish.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2014, 08:05 PM

Coming from an originally big family (my mothers side, she had seven sisters and two brothers) I well believe that could happen Mall.
When we were teenagers we spent a lot of time in the cinema, my mate and me spotted two girls sitting on their own so we sat beside them, him on one side and me on the other, after a while we I put my arm around her and we starting kissing. When the lights went on I discovered she was my first cousin, hadn't seen her since she was a small child, we were both stunned, never saw her again for two years, until the eve before she departed for Canada, there was a big family party and we had a good laugh about it.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2014, 08:24 PM

Kissin' cousins, eh Jem
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2014, 08:43 PM

Yeh kissin' cousins.You'd be surprised what a difference makeup does to a young girl when she hits her teens, all that Panstick, lipstick, and black eye stuff they used to use transform them from a fresh faced kid to a woman very suddenly, there should be a law against foolin' fellas like that.
mesco m
manchester

25-02-2014, 11:03 PM

I wouldn't be surprised at all Jem I had to sneak out with my war paint and plaster it on at my friends house as I wasn't allowed to use it. Where there's a will and all that
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2014, 11:43 PM

[QUOTE=mesco m;419957]It seems that in society, more and more people have had more than one partner, with some men and women having children with multiple partners. If I was such a person I think I would worry that one of my children may well unknowingly find themselves in a relationship with a half brother or sister.

It may sound far fetched but I do think it's a possibility.[/
QUOTE]

I don't think it's far fetched at all mesco. It could be a disaster for genetic illnesses being passed on to babies though.
Perhaps everyone should be issued with a Pedigree, like animals have, so they could see their lineage before they marry or reproduce.
jaywalker
Hobart, Tasmania
jaywalker is female  jaywalker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2014, 11:49 PM

I think it's more than possible and probably quite likely in the small place I live in. One young man I know of has fathered three children none of whom he has anything to do with. It's quite possible they could meet half siblings in a total island population of 500,000. And our gene pool has always been small so it could get worse.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2014, 11:58 PM

Six degrees of separation, or Sex degrees of separation, who knows.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top