Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2014, 10:31 AM

Opposites attract .....?

Have never understood why this should be so.
I would never be attracted to an opposite, either male or female.
I have seen it though many times. How, why, did they get together me thinks. Because, they appear bloomin miserable with each other ....
Do you believe this theory - opposites attract, maybe they do attract for some reason - maybe its a challenge - but I've yet to see a 'happy' union ......
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2014, 10:42 AM

Re: Opposites attract .....?

No I don't believe the theory of 'opposites attract' sometimes partners have similar interests and characters and sometimes they don't. I have met both.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2014, 12:37 PM

I do think opposites attract but it's a bit like women liking a bad boy you have to ignore the feelings if you want a life partner and find someone you have things in common with, sensible but it works.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2014, 01:36 PM

I agree 100 per cent
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2014, 02:27 PM

We is all bits of a jigsaw, differences (not necessarily opposites) attract, that's why some couples thrive as a unit, but alone can't function. Imo.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

18-01-2014, 02:39 PM

Differences yes - opposites ? Would be intersted to hear if it does work - I've yet to see it ..
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2014, 02:46 PM

I think loads end up in the wrong relationship and find out later on they are not at all compatible in the long term. Ooomans are odd creatures and sometimes an attraction isn't at all logical - just something indefinable about another person. Nightmare scenario though if you love someone and you are at loggerheads over everything - been there and got the t-shirt. Trouble is breaking up kinda helps but then again not as there is nothing worse then unrequited love - dagger in the heart s***.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-01-2014, 02:47 PM

I think I've seen it work. One of my close friends is married to a guy who really is the polar opposite in most things and they have a rock solid marriage. Mind you, I suspect that he compromises more than she does for the marriage to work.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

18-01-2014, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I think loads end up in the wrong relationship and find out later on they are not at all compatible in the long term. Ooomans are odd creatures and sometimes an attraction isn't at all logical - just something indefinable about another person. Nightmare scenario though if you love someone and you are at loggerheads over everything - been there and got the t-shirt. Trouble is breaking up kinda helps but then again not as there is nothing worse then unrequited love - dagger in the heart s***.
'Ooomans' - whats that !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

18-01-2014, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I think I've seen it work. One of my close friends is married to a guy who really is the polar opposite in most things and they have a rock solid marriage. Mind you, I suspect that he compromises more than she does for the marriage to work.
I would imagine he does compromise - one has to

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top