Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 10:51 PM

Re: Dont know whats right/wrong

This guy is a danger to the public and to himself. He will boil over in his own thermowatsit if not careful . perhaps better just let him rant on, we all know now what a load of rubbish he is spouting and to be honest he doesnt know anything , its just copied and pasted. Even now he is frantically looking up something else to copy and paste.
Sweet dreams everyone
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2017, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
to be honest he doesnt know anything , its just copied and pasted.
Of course it is copied and pasted, that's what you do with research. You find out the facts, do the research, then copy and paste the links/contents for others.

Lose the emotive clap trap and look at the links and data.

It's no good complaining to me. Go complain to the Cochrane Library. Go and tell them that their 1000s of studies involving millions of people are "rubbish". Go and tell them that their highly qualified staff are idiots, that they don't know how to conduct research that all they needed to do was ask Aunty Mable down the street who's had flu jabs all her life and never had any issues.

Yep, the Earth is flat you are quite right.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 12:16 AM

Realist, most people who are interested have stated their opinions quite clearly.
You have also stated your views on this subject many times.

Would it not it best to accept that you are getting nowhere, and that all parties will carry on just as they wish - just as you do?
You refuse to be converted, so you must allow others to do the same.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 12:34 AM

I'm not stopping anyone Mups

However if they are happy with their personal choices (which is just fine) then why do they try and enter a rational debate and oppose the facts that I put up without a shred of any scientific evidence themselves? It's bizarre behaviour really. It's almost as if they need to justify their anecdotal beliefs to themselves by airing them in public.

Again I have no problem if some of the little dears want to wax lyrical about Aunty Mable but trying to use that in a rational debate in which people cite source references is frankly puerile.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

However if they are happy with their personal choices (which is just fine) then why do they try and enter a rational debate and oppose the facts that I put up without a shred of any scientific evidence themselves? It's bizarre behaviour really. It's almost as if they need to justify their anecdotal beliefs to themselves by airing them in public.

Again I have no problem if some of the little dears want to wax lyrical about Aunty Mable but trying to use that in a rational debate in which people cite source references is frankly puerile.
This is not in the Debate forum Realist, it is in General Health where a member is ill and the last thing she needs is to be lectured to from an unqualified person on a forum.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

I never said you were, did I.

Can you not accept some people's "bizarre behaviour",
and leave it at that?

That is just plain childish, and also untrue, because you obviously do have a problem with "little dears (as you like to call them) waxing lyrical.

I have said my bit, and will now walk away.
I am not into arguing till the cows come home.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

20-11-2017, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
That is just plain childish, and also untrue, because you obviously do have a problem with "little dears (as you like to call them) waxing lyrical.
No, I have a problem with people calling my post content "rubbish" and the factual evidence I cite as "ignorant quotes".

Those kind of unintelligent replies behove a response. It is the purview of ignorant emotional people to attack a poster rather than counter the arguments put forward. They play the man, not the ball so to speak.

For all their silly rhetoric not one person has been able to refute the damning evidence in the Cochrane Library, not one person cites any references of their own, save for Annie, the only person in this thread willing and able to discuss the issue sensibly.

Originally Posted by Mags
it is in General Health where a member is ill and the last thing she needs is to be lectured to from an unqualified person on a forum.
That is pure subjective opinion on your part and it is arrogant to assume that YOUR opinion is the correct one. I do not concur with your opinion. Since OP HAS asked for opinions on the flu vaccine I personally think it IS appropriate for people to offer their views whetever they are. In this case, yes, I do believe that it is really important that OP is told ("lectured" in your terms) about what the flu vaccine is and about the peer reviewed data that exists proving that it is snake oil.

I hold the belief that anyone casually ignoring or refuting that evidence without just cause is irrational and simply being emotional and unobjective. Among those will be a contingent working for the health services and/or pahraceutical industries looking to protect their rather lucrative multi billion dollar industry.

One would think imagine that any ordinary unbiased member here would be grateful of the salient facts being highlighted. Yet there seems to exist a contingency here vehemently opposed to the airing of that information and who are ready and eager to poo poo it at each and every turn and always without a shred of evidence or any cited source material to back up their rantings.

I maintain, I hope with all my heart, that OP does not decide to have the flu vaccine.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 12:56 PM

I really think we should leave it alone now.

It's obvious that no amount of fact and evidence shakes the views of some people, it's an age thing maybe.

On the other hand each one who is so vehemently in favour of the vaccine may be the 1 in 100 who actually benefits from it...now there's food for though!

I'm grateful to Realist for the facts that he has provided on the threads.

And I know that if I were faced with a dilemma like this I'd take the facts with me when I next discussed the issue with my oncologist.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2017, 01:19 PM

I wouldn't waste my oncologists time with things I found on a forum Ruthio, they are far more educated and know what they are doing, they seek the information and we pay for them to do that. It's my place to take their advice and so far it's working for me. Deylon didn't ask about the vaccine just if those of us had cancer were being told to take it. The debate about if it's good or not doesn't belong on this thread that's why people have got annoyed. If it was in debate because it's been debated many times I'd have just ignored it this year as I've had my say time and again about it.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

20-11-2017, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I wouldn't waste my oncologists time with things I found on a forum Ruthio, they are far more educated and know what they are doing
The data is not something found on a forum Julie. It is scientific research found on the most internationally respected medical testing company's website. Your constant attempts to brush that data under the carpet, to belittle it or crassly ignore it are just ridiculous.

Ruthio is 100% correct. Anyone even remotely thinking of having a flu vaccine should assess that data and then approach their GP or medical adviser and discuss it. They should equally ask for a package insert for any vaccine they propose to have and research the ingredients and efficacy of that vaccine before having it.

Deylon's OP highlights adequately how mixed up the medial industry is on these issue when she says:

"Ive been told by the Cancer hospital that I must not have the flu jab. Yet my own G.P surgery says it is OK to have."

You couldn't get 2 more opposed pieces of medical advice ! It's a ludicrous situation, but not at all surprising as many medical workers simply do not have the information and data.

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Deylon didn't ask about the vaccine just if those of us had cancer were being told to take it.
Deylon expressed concern about not having the vaccine.

"I do worry not having the jab as I'm asthmatic & prone to chest infections."

She also asked "how do you feel about it ?"

I have expressed my opinion on it. How I feel about it and why I feel that way about it. I have done so to alleviate Deylon's worries about NOT having it. She does not need the flu vaccine as it is a useless product, proven irrefutably. She has no need to worry whatsoever.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top