Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 08:51 PM

Re: Plug-in air fresheners

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
I cant stand plug-in air fresheners. I do like to use reeds and currently am using a vanilla one. I also occasionally use a scented candle if cooking smells are too strong.

I have a relative who constantly gives, candles, soap and scented drawer liners as Christmas and birthday gifts. One always know what one will receive.. I give them to a charity shop.

I've even read stories of them over heating and catching fire!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 09:00 PM

When they first came out years ago, I tried them. They made my chest bad and irritated my sinuses.
Incense sticks did too, and scented candles.

i'm not good with smelly things.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
When they first came out years ago, I tried them. They made my chest bad and irritated my sinuses.
Incense sticks did too, and scented candles.

i'm not good with smelly things.
I'm the same. They make me cough and wheeze.

My windows are open all day, weather permitting and the bedroom windows are open all day and night too, no matter what the weather. I much prefer the smell of fresh air to chemical induced air freshners or risky perfumed candles.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I don't use air fresheners, not plug-ins, sprays, or anything else. They are full of chemicals which I choose not to inhale day and night. I certainly wouldn't suggest anyone suffering from Asthma used them either.
I agree Mups and I think there was a study that some of these scents can give you cancer. I use the better quality scented oil sticks in the loo or an oil burner/candle when doing yoga. I'm hoping natural oils are a bit healthier.

It's the cheaper scents or sprays that smell of chemicals and I'm sure they can irritate the chest and throat just as much in humans as they do in dogs.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I agree Mups and I think there was a study that some of these scents can give you cancer. I use the better quality scented oil sticks in the loo or an oil burner/candle when doing yoga. I'm hoping natural oils are a bit healthier.

It's the cheaper scents or sprays that smell of chemicals and I'm sure they can irritate the chest and throat just as much in humans as they do in dogs.

I agree Annie. There is much evidence to say those other smellies can be harmful.

Another thing I hate is the smell of those so called 'Air fresheners' people hang in their cars. I can't bear them.
I find it really sickly being shut in a small area like a car, with one of those things hanging in front of my face..
They always put one of the darn things in when they service my car and I stick it straight in the bin and leave me windows open for a while.

I've got a nose like a dog when it comes to smells.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Do you use these? Do you like them?

My kindly neighbour downstairs gave me one after I remarked how nice her house smelled. I've just plugged it in and set it to 3 out of 5.

Previously, I had liked quality incense sticks but can't use them anymore as they set off my connected smoke alarm system and it beeps everywhere, my living room, upstairs etc.

I'm sure natural flowers would be a better option but they are so expensive; I don't have a garden, either.
I'm saying nowt.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 01:46 PM

I use the plug-in air fresheners, the one's with three different fragrances each of which are switched on independently. I don't leave them switched on all of the time, just a couple of hours in the morning and then again in the evening.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

03-07-2018, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I'm saying nowt.

But you just did.

Trust you to have a fancy with with knobs on!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 02:37 PM

Don't use them .
Sometimes -very occasionally spray Febreze if someone is coming.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 03:23 PM

Anything artificial with chemicals in it, makes me sick, I get a migraine. Maybe the things we think are making an odour, is only just us worrying about it too much.

Way back when......we never had these sprays and we were just fine. Nobody complained about whether the house had an odour or not.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top